Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

RMU ReBorn

There is only one Man Utd player he elevates to the level of being close to Messi and thats Ronaldo though.

If anything Fergie is quite harsh with a lot of ex Man Utd players. Saying the likes of Schmeicel, Keane, Stam etc were not world class.
You have already said that fergie won't say any thing negative about Ronaldo since that would hurt his ego . Well Then you shouldn't advocate me to listen what fergie says about Ronaldo . obviously he will rate him highly looking at truckload of goals he scores in spain but those who have followed Rm's Games closely would agree that Ronaldo the play maker was Dead and burried as soon as the urge to out class Messi caught up on him

JamDav1982

You have already said that fergie won't say any thing negative about Ronaldo since that would hurt his ego . Well Then you shouldn't advocate me to listen what fergie says about Ronaldo . obviously he will rate him highly looking at truckload of goals he scores in spain but those who have followed Rm's Games closely would agree that Ronaldo the play maker was Dead and burried as soon as the urge to out class Messi caught up on him

No i havent said Fergie will say 'nothing negative' against Ronaldo.

I think it is extremely unlikely that he comes out and states Messi is the better player due to his relationship with Ronaldo and how he would react. Fergie is too loyal for that.

That doesnt mean that everything he says about Ronaldo is not what he believes as he has no agenda to lie about that. Not even a false sense of how good Ronaldo is for what he did for him. As many other players gave longer years and he doesnt speak about them in nearly the same terms.

'Ronaldo the play maker' stopped years ago at Man Utd as he became a better/more effective player focusing on goals.

Fergie follows him in Spain just fine and he knows that goal obsessesd player there is now is a better player than the winger who got 25 odd assists and 20 odd goals.

Trickykid

There is only one Man Utd player he elevates to the level of being close to Messi and thats Ronaldo though.

If anything Fergie is quite harsh with a lot of ex Man Utd players. Saying the likes of Schmeicel, Keane, Stam etc were not world class.

This just goes to show that whatever Ferguson says about his former players should be taken with a grain of salt.

JamDav1982

This just goes to show that whatever Ferguson says about his former players should be taken with a grain of salt.

It just shows he doesnt automatically overly praise players that played under him as some are making out.

The Fergie angle is not to prove Ronaldo is amazing it is to argue against the idea that Fergie rates purely on what he did at United which is not the case.

Trickykid

It just shows he doesnt automatically overly praise players that played under him as some are making out.

The Fergie angle is not to prove Ronaldo is amazing it is to argue against the idea that Fergie rates purely on what he did at United which is not the case.

It also shows that he has a huge, huge (unfounded) bias towards certain players, which in turn greatly devaluates his words on said players.

RMU ReBorn

No i havent said Fergie will say 'nothing negative' against Ronaldo.

I think it is extremely unlikely that he comes out and states Messi is the better player due to his relationship with Ronaldo and how he would react. Fergie is too loyal for that.

That doesnt mean that everything he says about Ronaldo is not what he believes as he has no agenda to lie about that. Not even a false sense of how good Ronaldo is for what he did for him. As many other players gave longer years and he doesnt speak about them in nearly the same terms.

'Ronaldo the play maker' stopped years ago at Man Utd as he became a better/more effective player focusing on goals.

Fergie follows him in Spain just fine and he knows that goal obsessesd player there is now is a better player than the winger who got 25 odd assists and 20 odd goals.
Glad that you , at least agreed on that 'play maker' part . :cheers: But the reason for that i am not sure about , even at this age he can concentrate on wings Like what Messi did after the arrival of Lusisto And Ney . But you know he wont . Pichichi makes him stronger and unstoppable :D

JamDav1982

Glad that you , at least agreed on that 'play maker' part . :cheers: But the reason for that i am not sure about , even at this age he can concentrate on wings Like what Messi did after the arrival of Lusisto And Ney . But you know he wont . Pichichi makes him stronger and unstoppable :D

Messi never really concentrated on the wings last season. It just gave him a different starting position and allowed him to get ball facing goal more.

Messi is still the man the team is focused around getting into goal scoring positions.

Ronaldo actually only had two less assists to Messi in league last season. Sixteen to eighteen.

Not even sure why you keep bringing Messi up.

J

Jamie Cal

Comparing technical skills head to head, you are right.

Comparing contribution to CLUB stature? No way.

Rivaldo was definitely way more important for Barça than Ronaldo ever was for Madrid, even Ronaldo being a better player (which he clearly is).

Rivaldo deserves a spot as "Barça Legend". Ronaldo doesnt ("football legend", for sure).

How do you define contribution to club stature?

Saying he doesn't deserve a spot as a club legend is absolutely ridiculous by the way. Absolutely ridiculous.

Trickykid

Not a bias, just an opinion.

Nah, as you've said yourself multiple times now regarding the whole (silly) Cronaldo VS Messi discussion; Ferguson will never admit publicly that Messi is the superior of the two, because it'd hurt poor Ronaldo's feelings. That's not an opinion, that's pure bias.

Just as it's most likely bias that made him exclude the likes of Schmeichel, Keane, Van Nistelrooy etc. from his list of elusive world class players he has coached.

Old Fergie always was a bit of a windbag...

RMU ReBorn

Fergie " Ronaldo can play for Queenspark Rangers , Malmao ... any were , Messi he is a Barcelona player " :lol:

How much deluded he is . Dont give a fuck to what he says :D

RMU ReBorn

Messi never really concentrated on the wings last season. It just gave him a different starting position and allowed him to get ball facing goal more.

Messi is still the man the team is focused around getting into goal scoring positions.

Ronaldo actually only had two less assists to Messi in league last season. Sixteen to eighteen.

Not even sure why you keep bringing Messi up.
Messi surely was not doing the job what ronaldo was doing . since u have mentioned assist's why don't you bring other stat's like key passes and passing accuracy??

JamDav1982

Nah, as you've said yourself multiple times now regarding the whole (silly) Cronaldo VS Messi discussion; Ferguson will never admit publicly that Messi is the superior of the two, because it'd hurt poor Ronaldo's feelings. That's not an opinion, that's pure bias.

Just as it's most likely bias that made him exclude the likes of Schmeichel, Keane, Van Nistelrooy etc. from his list of elusive world class players he has coached.

Old Fergie always was a bit of a windbag...

I totally agree there is bias to the extent that he will never SAY Messi is better than Ronaldo. Even then I dont think he believes it and it is loyalty above all else.

That is totally different to him believing Ronaldo is better than any player he has ever coached.

Ignore Messi exists, it is an impossible situation for Fergie to give an honest opinion on whereas comparing Ronaldo to any other player he clearly rates him higher.

blaugrana1987

Basically he says that Ronaldo is better because he's stronger and can play anywhere, while poor midget can only play in Barcelona.
As far as I'm concerned, with all due respect to him, fuck Ferguson. Even admitting that Messi is better and acting like the gap is negligible is also an idiotism.

Ronaldo is great player, but so is Iniesta and Xavi. Messi is something else.
Lol what a deluded fuck Fergie is. I appreciate and respect him for what he has done, but he truly is deluded. These two losses in finals probably still burn :hooray:

He is also good example of a men who make alot of decisions in English football, and why they still haven't won shit in 60 years. Its also quite interesting how best players in PL are of smaller build. But hey, its telling when his "2nd dad" can't clearly say it out loud. If you asked that Pep or Rijkaard they would probably laugh it of and ask if you are serious.

JamDav1982

Messi surely was not doing the job what ronaldo was doing . since u have mentioned assist's why don't you bring other stat's like key passes and passing accuracy??

Where have I said Ronaldo was doing the job Messi is?

Messi is the superior player.....but Ronaldo is not just the 'goal poacher' you make him out to be either.

Home of Barca Fans