Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Cristiano on Ballon D'Or: "I'm not very worried about that because as I said many times, I never [thought I'd] win 3 times to be honest."
"To be honest I think Messi is going to win this year because this kind of trophy, it depends on votes."

Kinlejus

I've just seen the Ronaldo documentary (cause I'm such a fan apparently). All I've learned is that he's very annoying. And surrounds himself with likeminded people.

Don't we all do just that?
Let me put that into a context - suppose you have a vision, a dream you wish to achieve; would you be with those, who keep telling you that it is not possible, forget that idea; or rather with those who support, encourage and motivate you?

raskolnikov

Thinking you are a confident guy is almost an oxymoron. XD
And Ronaldo is pretty insecure. A confident guy doesn't grooms himself that much.
I kind of disagree, you can take pride in your appearence and still be a confident person, allthough saying "I think" rather than "I am" makes him seem
Cr7 was an average/ugly guy as a teen who became better looking with a shitload of money and personal trainers/dietitians. If he was ever insecure about it he has no reason to be anymore nowadays.
I do think he is insecure about Messi for example.

The insane grooming is more likely to be a gay/metro thing rather than insecurity. What kind of man shaves his eyebrows or legs? Allthough it could also be cultural or a beauty is in the eye of the beholder thing combined with an obsession with perfection.

barcafan161

Cristiano on Ballon D'Or: "I'm not very worried about that because as I said many times, I never [thought I'd] win 3 times to be honest."
"To be honest I think Messi is going to win this year because this kind of trophy, it depends on votes."

At least he knows it's done on votes ha

AnnieSureshot

Let me put that into a context - suppose you have a vision, a dream you wish to achieve; would you be with those, who keep telling you that it is not possible, forget that idea; or rather with those who support, encourage and motivate you?

What I meant by "like-minded people" is "people I find as annoying as him".

Last edited:

frog-fcb

He probably lost it when he broke up with irina who is meant to have had an affair with sepp

Maria

Great interview. It's so much better to hear his or Zlatan or Xavi's interviews than Iniesta or Messi or people like that. btw skip to 8:38 for the young players comment.

Depends on what you prefer I guess: listening to someone borring you to death or to a narcissistic personality who thinks he is God's gift to the mankind.
And by the way, Xavi doesn't fit in either of those categories. The man has his flaws, but you can actually learn something about football when you read his interviews.

Horatio

You're welcome
I kind of disagree, you can take pride in your appearence and still be a confident person, allthough saying "I think" rather than "I am" makes him seem
Cr7 was an average/ugly guy as a teen who became better looking with a shitload of money and personal trainers/dietitians. If he was ever insecure about it he has no reason to be anymore nowadays.
I do think he is insecure about Messi for example.

The insane grooming is more likely to be a gay/metro thing rather than insecurity. What kind of man shaves his eyebrows or legs? Allthough it could also be cultural or a beauty is in the eye of the beholder thing combined with an obsession with perfection.

An obsession to perfection is usually the product of insecurity. It means that being less good at something leads the person to believe he is not good enough and thus being unhappy. Confidence usually comes from the happiness of being the person you are and not wanting to be something else.
Ronaldo stands pretty tall at 1.85 m but I always see him stand on his toes in Real group pictures, possibly to be equal in length with Pepe. Also in the documentary he points out to his son, when meeting someone that is taller than Ronaldo, "that man is tall isn't he? Well your dad is stronger."
A person who is secure about his height wouldn't even think to make that remark. It is kind of a Fruedian slip, showing us wat Ronaldo keeps his mind busy with.

Last edited:

AnnieSureshot

An obsession to perfection is usually the product of insecurity. It means that being less good at something leads the person to believe he is not good enough and thus being unhappy. Confidence usually comes from the happiness of being the person you are and not wanting to be something else.

Are you saying that trying to better yourself is a product of insecurity? It might be for some people, however not for everyone. For a lot of people trying to excel at things brings the joy and excitement (even a high) of achievement. Pride of own appearance is also I nice feeling that you can get addicted to without being insecure in the first place. I don't really know how secure Ronaldo is but I don't think we can tell that just from his grooming routine.

silvia

I watched first 15 min and last 5 min part. roughly.
It's all propaganda like Kim Jungeun movie, how he moved from his home town, his knee could end his career, and course the goals in wc qualifiers, how he is perfect in that poor performing team and it goes endless. Includes all the stuff something his fanboy would insists.
Describes Mendes as Cristiano Ronaldo of agent :lol: and He senses the camera the whole time. always with that greesed hair.
It starts with messi and ends with messi. Messi the villain and Ronaldo the hero. :messi:

raskolnikov

Depends on what you prefer I guess: listening to someone borring you to death or to a narcissistic personality who thinks he is God's gift to the mankind.
And by the way, Xavi doesn't fit in either of those categories. The man has his flaws, but you can actually learn something about football when you read his interviews.

Best in that regard is Cruyff, always kicking knowledge about footbal like a professor.

Horatio

You're welcome
Are you saying that trying to better yourself is a product of insecurity? It might be for some people, however not for everyone. For a lot of people trying to excel at things brings the joy and excitement (even a high) of achievement. Pride of own appearance is also I nice feeling that you can get addicted to without being insecure in the first place. I don't really know how secure Ronaldo is but I don't think we can tell that just from his grooming routine.

I think in extreme and unhealthy cases most of the time yes.
The most confident people I have met are usually people that don't aim for much and live a simple life as they feel they are already rich and can appreciate what they have.
They don't have a feeling of inferiority because of their lack of wanting more, and can appreciate what they have and are not out to prove anyone of something. Simply put, they don't care what others think. Insecure people usually want to overcompensate instead of accepting their shortcomings.

Note that you also have the 'fake confident' people that are always trying to come across as confident but are just aiming for self-confirmation of being confident, which they wouldn't feel the need to if they were truly confident.

I am not a psychologist so it is probably more complex than this and my depth of description is limited by my knowledge of English.

But the biggest hint for me is how Ronaldo gets frustrated so easily on the pitch and is disappointed in himself.
A recent instance is him refusing to give Ramos a hand. Most people read this as a disrespect towards Ramos, but what I actually think is going on is, is that Ronaldo feels too disappointed about his own performance leaving him to feel unworthy of Ramos's praise.

Last edited:

mark1nhu

No at all.

I am surrounded by people who believe and support myself and my dreams, but not a single one constantly fueling a delusional behavior.

I can say the same about 99.99% of people I know.

And I actually can argue that it would be better, for his dream pursuing, to believe he is not the best (but one effort close from the best).

Home of Barca Fans