Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Lol. Big game player. :neymar:

He is now at 88 goals in CL all time top scorers and 9 goals ahead from Messi.

Who cares. The only important moment in their battle was for raul's record, who would surpass him first and that was messi. These goals now mean absolutely nothing since cristiano is 2.5 years older than messi, don't forget that, which means that messi will def end up above cristiano after they are both done.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You can mock him for scoring the most goals against minnows (I suspect it is the case with Messi and other players as well); and you can laugh at him ( I sure did plenty of times) for being so rusty these days that he couldn't dribble past a single opposing player; and you can and should certainly detest him for his antics and some of those nasty things he does on the pitch, but as long as he can still run around tirelessly and waiting for the perfect moment in the perfect place to strike, Ronaldo will keep scoring many goals and goals for Real Madrid for as long as he is physically capable.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
You can mock him for scoring the most goals against minnows (I suspect it is the case with Messi and other players as well); and you can laugh at him ( I sure did plenty of times) for being so rusty these days that he couldn't dribble past a single opposing player; and you can and should certainly detest him for his antics and some of those nasty things he does on the pitch, but as long as he can still run around tirelessly and waiting for the perfect moment in the perfect place to strike, Ronaldo will keep scoring many goals and goals for Real Madrid for as long as he is physically capable.

And what's the point?
He can only do that against small teams, so even if he scores 100 goals a season that won't mean a single trophy to real, so who cares. :lucho:

KingLeo10

winning 3-0 or 8-0 nets you the same amount of points in a football match, he can keep scoring all he wants, it really can't be disputed that the energy he expended in trying to pad his stats could probably have been better used in other games..you know ones that would actually push real toward trophies. by the way, just to add, i'm not a blind cristiano hater, he is a football legend in his own right but what is really the issue here is in the past couple of years, he has struggled to come to terms with his decline, and his efforts to pad his stats are hurting his team.

JamDav1982

winning 3-0 or 8-0 nets you the same amount of points in a football match, he can keep scoring all he wants, it really can't be disputed that the energy he expended in trying to pad his stats could probably have been better used in other games..you know ones that would actually push real toward trophies. by the way, just to add, i'm not a blind cristiano hater, he is a football legend in his own right but what is really the issue here is in the past couple of years, he has struggled to come to terms with his decline, and his efforts to pad his stats are hurting his team.

Most players want to 'stat pad' when games are won.

People reacting like that is unique to Ronaldo just doesnt make sense.

Ronaldo is one greedy selfish fucker but all top players want to keep scoring goals when the game is won. Ronaldo doesnt get any more desperate to score he just maintains that desperation for 90mins no matter the game or score.

KingLeo10

Most players want to 'stat pad' when games are won.

People reacting like that is unique to Ronaldo just doesnt make sense.

Ronaldo is one greedy selfish fucker but all top players want to keep scoring goals when the game is won. Ronaldo doesnt get any more desperate to score he just maintains that desperation for 90mins no matter the game or score.

no i generally agree with your characterization of top players. messi used to do it too in the back end of the 11-12 season when he routinely put hat tricks past liga sides even though the CL was lost against chelsea. but since then, messi has generally not been as obsessed with goals and i recall several times since lucho took over that he had a brace and didn't bother to push on 100% for the hat trick. just using messi as an example as he is the only other player who's scored this much.

JamDav1982

no i generally agree with your characterization of top players. messi used to do it too in the back end of the 11-12 season when he routinely put hat tricks past liga sides even though the CL was lost against chelsea. but since then, messi has generally not been as obsessed with goals and i recall several times since lucho took over that he had a brace and didn't bother to push on 100% for the hat trick. just using messi as an example as he is the only other player who's scored this much.

Messi wont come off the pitch even when Barca are hammering a smaller team and his level doesnt drop off either he generally plays the 90 mins at same level.

Messi is more of a team player for 90 mins Ronaldo is a greedy fucker for 90 mins I dont think either really drop their level when hammering a team but Ronaldo looks more desperate and out of place playing the way he does when pumping a team and its more noticeable.

The best thing for the team would be for Messi to come off, he clearly doesnt want to and does score a lot of late goals.

El Flaco

Cristiano's 1st goal vs. Malmö FF

[gfy]MessyHelplessCheetah[/gfy]

Cristiano's 2nd goal vs. Malmö FF

[gfy]SatisfiedMasculineImpala[/gfy]

Cristiano's 3rd goal vs. Malmö FF

[gfy]WellinformedNimbleCavy[/gfy]

Home of Barca Fans