Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
2r40gp3.jpg

RMU ReBorn

It works both ways though.

When Messi set a CL record of 14 goals in 2012 everyone just believed it amazing and evidence of him being best in world. No one really broke that down and said he scored 10 vs Plezen, BATE and Leverkusen scoring zero against Chelsea who went on to win it and were far shitter than this PSG.

No one breaks anything down when Messi breaks records, which is way it should be.

That group with Plezen, BATE and AC Milan was much easier than this Real Group yet all people moan about is how shit this Real group is and how Real always get it easy.

Listing all these things Ronaldo has not done is just as bad as Chelsea fans who say 'hes never scored against us' or 'never scored in away game in England' or 'Messi won nothing with Argentina'. You cant just try to down play players not liked by what they have not done. Its unfair.
Leverkusen is far superior side than Malmao and Shakthar And scoring 5 vs Them > scoring 4 vs sunday league Malmao ;)

N

Nicosur de la Braila

Cristiano Ronaldo scores or assists a goal every 39 minutes in the Champions League this season (11 goals and 4 assists in 540 mins).

well take away 180 minutes from these 540, because the dude was invisible against PSG in both home and away fixtures :lol:

raskolnikov

Messi for me is the greatest player I've ever seen ,just like any Barca supporter
But I think Cr7 is pretty underrated by Barca fan , I think Messi was the only player I've seen over more than 18 years of watching football who was more dominant than Cr7

Dominant as in consistent? cause plenty of players been better than Cristiano. He is overrated greatly due to stats and media hype because of the mediacreate Messi rivalry.
I have never seen a player so self absorbed and obsessed with personal glory and stats as Ronaldo though.
I think its equally sad and very admirable at the same time.

mark1nhu

It works both ways though.

When Messi set a CL record of 14 goals in 2012 everyone just believed it amazing and evidence of him being best in world. No one really broke that down and said he scored 10 vs Plezen, BATE and Leverkusen scoring zero against Chelsea who went on to win it and were far shitter than this PSG.

No one breaks anything down when Messi breaks records, which is way it should be.

That group with Plezen, BATE and AC Milan was much easier than this Real Group yet all people moan about is how shit this Real group is and how Real always get it easy.

Listing all these things Ronaldo has not done is just as bad as Chelsea fans who say 'hes never scored against us' or 'never scored in away game in England' or 'Messi won nothing with Argentina'. You cant just try to down play players not liked by what they have not done. Its unfair.

Fair point, but in Messi's case, he managed to influence (to be fair with Ronaldo, I will not use the correct term - destroy) matches against Leverkusen and Milan, both very decent opponents.

Failed against Chelsea, but sometimes shit happens.

Kerrybai

He's a flat track bully this season, although to be fair you can't say that about previous seasons. He's on track to beat his record 17 goal in on CL season too which just seems ridiculous. It also sucks that he's likely going to hit 100 CL goals before Messi... especially considering they had 77 each going into this season. Lets just hope Messi can hit a scoring streak in the knockouts while Madrid draw some tough opponents.

khaled_a_d

Dominant as in consistent? cause plenty of players been better than Cristiano. He is overrated greatly due to stats and media hype because of the mediacreate Messi rivalry.
I have never seen a player so self absorbed and obsessed with personal glory and stats as Ronaldo though.
I think its equally sad and very admirable at the same time.

Dominant as in being able to do what he wants mostly .or as a a player who you would expect something from him every game or season
a 30 goals per season is below Cr7 standard . A 2 goals scored is another day in the office for him too
That can't be said for many players .
The Messi rivalry is something he earned ,not given .he was worth rival for Messi to say at least

interesting, I agree with you in terms of goal scoring cristiano and messi have been the most dominant, 40 goals per season? That's insane, still I wouldn't take cristiano over zidane, ronaldihno, el fenomeno and much less messi.

It's up to a persons taste I guess

I love R10 & el fenomeno which I can't say about Cr7 and even dislike Zidane (that is a player I truly think he is overrated ,but that is another discussion) far less than Cr7
But Cr7 for me was mostly at same level if not better .at least it isn't a situation of "wtf,he isn't even close" if I put my Nostalgia and preference away and tried to be fair with it even with such dislikable character he has

For example,you can talk about durability ,by the age of 27 R10 was almost done .he moved to Europe at the age of 21 and moved to big club at the age of 23 .
R9? he was gr8 since 18 ,but at the age of 28 or 30? he never took care of his body .also injuries is a part of player career .r9 never did have such longevity like Cr7 .both started same age and R9 was even better .but someone was healthy and was able to take care of his body at later stage of his career .other was fat b4 he was 30 and had his prime cut by injuries.
Zidane was late bloomer too .lasted long (but not as long as his fans pretend) .Cr7 started way younger and still playing at same high level Zidane did at his age

Cr7 started at Manu at the age of 18 and was one of their best players since day one,was one of the world best players at the age of 21 (since his season after the 2006 WC) and still playing very good football till the day .that is respectable to say at least

This is one factor for example . there are many others .

Overall I think Cr7 career could be both overrated and underrated .overrated b/c people compare him directly to Messi and some still consider him better .underrated because he has played with Messi and being 2nd best in your generation will always take away from your legacy in terms of the all-time list
Worth noting that I don't really believe in all-time ranking of player .almost impossible to rate players of different generations .even Cr7 & Messi are playing in football totally different than that of Zidane and R9 .nevermind going even way back

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Let's cut to the chase, who would you prefer playing in your team, CR or Messi ?

With Messi we'd obviously be winning more,we'd probably be winning trebles since we'd weaken Barca immensely and have Messi for ourselves. But CR is my preference because Messi si so bland and not that interesting of a personality. He's that OP anime character who's boring.

Chong Li

With Messi we'd obviously be winning more,we'd probably be winning trebles since we'd weaken Barca immensely and have Messi for ourselves. But CR is my preference because Messi si so bland and not that interesting of a personality. He's that OP anime character who's boring.

You really prefer a living Ken doll? :lol:

Cule4life

The Culest

Have fun with your Ken Doll while we caress our trebles.....

Home of Barca Fans