Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

The ominous 5 x 50 goals record. Dayum.

:(

Whoever found this one should start working for barça, leo is searching for dumb-ass records he didn't yet beat.

Morten

You are saying that his celebration is hideous,especially because it's a simle tap-in goal. With that goal he set records, he became the first La Liga player to score 50 goals 5 seasons in a row.
2010-11: 53
2011-12: 60
2012-13: 55
2013-14: 51
2014-15: 50
He also broke his personal record of assists in La Liga last night,his previous record was 12(or 13) an now he has 14. He also became the 5th player in history to score 300 goals in 5 Major Leagues (216 La Liga, 84 English Premier League),there's no Messi on the list.
[366] Jimmy Greaves
[365] Gerd Müller
[317] Steve Bloomer
[310] Dixie Dean
[300] Cristiano Ronaldo .

I thnk he has 18 assist overall, quite good, will probably get 20. Not bad for a player who only scores tap-ins and penaldos.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
I thnk he has 18 assist overall, quite good, will probably get 20. Not bad for a player who only scores tap-ins and penaldos.

Yet quite ironically his assists are "tap-in" like as well. He doesn't make any elaborate passes that need insane vision and weight on the ball because he can't.
I mean he has more assists than xavi/iniesta combined this season but he's not even 1/4th as good as either of them in passing.

alittlebitter

why does everyone ignore age when they compare ronaldo and messi. they have pretty much the same stats on both the club and international level despite messi playing less games and being 2 years younger. how is that remotely impressive for ronaldo/madrid fans

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
why does everyone ignore age when they compare ronaldo and messi. they have pretty much the same stats on both the club and international level despite messi playing less games and being 2 years younger. how is that remotely impressive for ronaldo/madrid fans

People don't need the argument to be correct or reasonable, they just want it to fill their views and make it look like they're right, so ofc all CR7 fans just ignore the age difference for Messi/CR comparison but they never forget it if you ever talk about say Varane / Bartra or even more demonstrative, when comparing Messi's 400 goals with CR's 300 since he joined Madrid..

I read something somewhere that made me laugh and was very accurate : It's funny how for you "the truth" always match your opinion ^^

damn

V'Been watching a couple of his 2009/2010 season games, and.. Wow, he lost all of his pace. was very amazing back than. so much flair. I think it's got to do with his bulk up through the years. If he ever "wanted" to be remotely comparable with Messi, he should have stayed with that style of play. Sure, the number of goals would have dropped, but he would have gotten much more appreciation. Oh, and he even celebrated goals with his team-mates back than :D

He even dominated games.

Morten

Who are you speaking to? Im not particulary interested in the big Messi/Ronaldo debate, i want Ronaldo to be at his best because it benefits the team. Ballon dor and stuff like that is just a bonus, not much more. What you said is easily explained, Messi used shorter time to reach his potential because he is more talented. Ronaldo had to use more time/effort tobecome the stat machine he is because of the reasons mentioned. Not saying Messi didnt put in hard work though.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Amazing, he smiled and celebrated with his team mates lol it's been ages.

Out of curiosity, someone knows when was the stupid siuuuuu and sangoku celebration born ?

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Ronaldo: 'If I could play anywhere today, though? I'd love to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo. It's not possible but it would be spectacular!'

kollegah

Ronaldo: 'If I could play anywhere today, though? I'd love to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo. It's not possible but it would be spectacular!'

Yes because if he'd play with leo he wouldn't be the star of the team, logical statement

messi2140

6racies Xavi

Who will be taking freekicks and penalties ? Ronaldo or Cristiano ? Tough decision.

Morten

V'Been watching a couple of his 2009/2010 season games, and.. Wow, he lost all of his pace. was very amazing back than. so much flair. I think it's got to do with his bulk up through the years. If he ever "wanted" to be remotely comparable with Messi, he should have stayed with that style of play. Sure, the number of goals would have dropped, but he would have gotten much more appreciation. Oh, and he even celebrated goals with his team-mates back than :D

He even dominated games.

In reality, he hasnt lost much pace, if any.

dakt

He even dominated games.

If these are the showcases, then it's not really fascinating. Yes, he was fast, but his decision making is slightly above average, on many occasions very poor. Some of his passes are just silly and many times give himself too long pass and losses the control over the ball very easily. He's just not mastering the ball control. It's all about pace and explosions.
I would love to see his best highlights in RM. Not to compare him with Messi, since he's just nowhere near his abilities, but with other WC players like Robben, Neymar, Suarez, Hazard, Rooney, etc.

Morten

If these are the showcases, then it's not really fascinating. Yes, he was fast, but his decision making is slightly above average, on many occasions very poor. Some of his passes are just silly and many times give himself too long pass and losses the control over the ball very easily. He's just not mastering the ball control. It's all about pace and explosions.
I would love to see his best highlights in RM. Not to compare him with Messi, since he's just nowhere near his abilities, but with other WC players like Robben, Neymar, Suarez, Hazard, Rooney, etc.

His ability is or certainly has been on the level those mentioned imo.

damn

You're being too dogmatic, looking for the flaws based on Messi style of play. Ronaldo doesn't have to be Messi-esque. Ronaldo is more direct. Premier league product, after all. his body is also a factor. anyway, There's a all spectrum of footballing abilities and Ronaldo produced AMAZING football, mainly in his pre-i-want-to-get-as-many-goals-possible era, and there are glimpses of that today, sometimes.

Home of Barca Fans