Daniel Alves

M

mitkoa7x

Someone tweet him that I'll kick his ass if he leaves us! I swear I'll do it, even if it takes me 50 years!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I understand the logic behind selling him.

he's a 30 year old RB and despite being the World's #1 his best years are behind him. yet because he is the World's #1 we can get serious skrillah for him and make way for Montoya to step up and take that place. he's a phenomenally talented fullback and, injury-permitting, could fill that role for over a decade.

now, I don't agree with that logic, because you don't sell players as good as Dani motherfucking Alves.

but I can understand it.

psychotsek

I understand the logic behind selling him.

he's a 30 year old RB and despite being the World's #1 his best years are behind him. yet because he is the World's #1 we can get serious skrillah for him and make way for Montoya to step up and take that place. he's a phenomenally talented fullback and, injury-permitting, could fill that role for over a decade.

now, I don't agree with that logic, because you don't sell players as good as Dani motherfucking Alves.

but I can understand it.

Sorry but i can't and hope it turns out to be only rumours.

Even with if a club offers 60m what's the point selling one of your key players?
Who's next?Xavi?Puyol?Valdes?

Barca is a club that generates money from winning titles and not selling players..

Dani is better than any other right or left back at the moment and no one can replace him.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Sorry but i can't and hope it turns out to be only rumours.

Even with if a club offers 60m what's the point selling one of your key players?
Who's next?Xavi?Puyol?Valdes?

Barca is a club that generates money from winning titles and not selling players..

Dani is better than any other right or left back at the moment and no one can replace him.

yes but your argument doesn't take into account the fact that the club have a replacement ready to step in. Montoya isn't as good as Dani, obviously, but he is an excellent player and a hugely promising prospect and most importantly doesn't cost a thing.

so you lose a player like Dani Alves, who has a huge contract and is 30 with his best years behind him, and you can get 40-50m for him, so then you can use that money to strengthen the squad elsewhere. like in attack, or at LB where all our prospects are, bar a miracle, 3-4 years away from breaking through.

like I said, I don't AGREE with it, because I think it would be beneficial to everyone for Dani to stay, and Montoya to spend a year as his backup. Dani is a peerless RB and an integral part of the way we do things, but if we spend a season with Montoya watching and learning, we can sell Dani next summer and Montoya will be in a much better position to step in and take over.

Richard.H

why does everyone think he's leaving?

His tweet sounded like a goodbye plus he didn't attend the trophy ceremony. I hate to say it but I think he's going to be gone too, I'm almost certain of it.

I'd be very sad though. The link-up between him and Messi is simply unmatched. I don't care what RB replaces him, that link up will never be replaced. I'll miss you Dani :(

Doobs

The Messiah
yes but your argument doesn't take into account the fact that the club have a replacement ready to step in. Montoya isn't as good as Dani, obviously, but he is an excellent player and a hugely promising prospect and most importantly doesn't cost a thing.

so you lose a player like Dani Alves, who has a huge contract and is 30 with his best years behind him, and you can get 40-50m for him, so then you can use that money to strengthen the squad elsewhere. like in attack, or at LB where all our prospects are, bar a miracle, 3-4 years away from breaking through.

like I said, I don't AGREE with it, because I think it would be beneficial to everyone for Dani to stay, and Montoya to spend a year as his backup. Dani is a peerless RB and an integral part of the way we do things, but if we spend a season with Montoya watching and learning, we can sell Dani next summer and Montoya will be in a much better position to step in and take over.

I think thats exactly whats happening, I dont like or agree with it though.. I still think Montoya requires time.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
His tweet sounded like a goodbye plus he didn't attend the trophy ceremony. I hate to say it but I think he's going to be gone too, I'm almost certain of it.

yes he did.

he didn't attend the cup final.

which, given he broke his collarbone & his arm is in a sling, is hardly a surprise.

it also might explain why he didn't come out smiling and dancing like he always does.

impeh

Hi, its me..
he tweeted before the cup final that he'd be watching from home :blush: .. probably due to the injury? idk. Villa was there i guess.

hope he stays.

Pepe Silvia

Yeah, all signs point to Dani Alves is leaving.

EDIT: Wait, wait... I'll bet it's because he yelled at Pique that one time... I'll bet it's because of that. :lol:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
David Villa made it though, Just sayin..

David Villa injured himself in December and is now training with a ball. he's 3 weeks away from being able to play.

Dani Alves broke his collarbone in May. he's 6-8 weeks away from being able to train again.

SLIGHT DIFFERENCE YO.

Home of Barca Fans