Daniel Alves

psychotsek

yes but your argument doesn't take into account the fact that the club have a replacement ready to step in. Montoya isn't as good as Dani, obviously, but he is an excellent player and a hugely promising prospect and most importantly doesn't cost a thing.

so you lose a player like Dani Alves, who has a huge contract and is 30 with his best years behind him, and you can get 40-50m for him, so then you can use that money to strengthen the squad elsewhere. like in attack, or at LB where all our prospects are, bar a miracle, 3-4 years away from breaking through.

like I said, I don't AGREE with it, because I think it would be beneficial to everyone for Dani to stay, and Montoya to spend a year as his backup. Dani is a peerless RB and an integral part of the way we do things, but if we spend a season with Montoya watching and learning, we can sell Dani next summer and Montoya will be in a much better position to step in and take over.

Sorry maybe i didn't make myself clear enough.I totally agree with you POV.
Only two things we differ is Dani's age and pricing.His prime is yet to be seen.
Ask any professional athlete and the responce you get is that 30 is the perfect age both physically and mentally.
In a world where Torres is sold for 40 MILLION POUNDS Dani's price should be in the 50-60m mark period.
Even if we get that money this will set Barca back a lot.New players will need time to adapt provided they are good enough and so on.

Anyway hope it turns out we are just over thinking about a tweet and nothing more.

F

Flavia

Ok, I'm worried now. How was he at camp nou tonight? I'm away from home, and all those comments seem really bad...

M

mitkoa7x

He was at the Camp Nou, but looked sad and didnt celebrate at all, sang the anthem with an expression full of regret or sorrow.

B

barcelonista

No one's paying € 40 - 60 million for a 29 year old FULLBACK. Even City aren't that thick. If we really intend to sell him, we won't get more than € 30 million for him. Except it's Anzhi.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
No one's paying € 40 - 60 million for a 29 year old FULLBACK. Even City aren't that thick. If we really intend to sell him, we won't get more than € 30 million for him. Except it's Anzhi.
€ 30 million is infact great for a 29 year old fullback in fact for any fullback if we intend to sell,the reason the club want to sell him might be cause next summer he will be 30 and clubs will not offer much then so the club want to get as much as they can when they have the opportunity.It would be so sad to see him leave us hope he stays.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I do wonder if there's something to these rumours of Dani's departure, which I'm not personally in favor of...Even with a fractured clavicle, I expected a buoyant & festive Dani...He seemed pretty subdued, almost to the periphery

Reading into it too much?

M

mitkoa7x

Dani is a party animal and not seeing him party when there is an occasion does raise quite a few eyebrows...

M

mitkoa7x

1:03, Dani looks happy when talking to Leo. Im grasping at straws at the moment but thats all I got and ill gladly take it.

XaviMessiGirl

And I thought we didn't like conspiracy theories here :)

Hopefully it doesn't mean anything and it's just the injury that's getting to him. And if he really is going, it's not because he wants to or anything of his own fault, I'm almost sure of that.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Is this how I reacted to Higuain leaving? Embarrassing but I can understand it. But I have ten times more reasons to act this way towards Higuain leaving than Alves leaving.

Anyway it is just a tweet and means nothing, especially that the first step is to actually have someone come in with a plausible offer, because 1. this is not Laporta 2. this is Ro$ELL 3. Barcelona have no reason to sell one of their most integral players for cheap.

So until someone comes in with that 40 million, he is staying. But I HOPE you sell him.

Home of Barca Fans