Daniel Alves

JonM

As much as I like Dani and would be sad to see him go, I sometimes wonder if his offensive contribution is not nullified by the countless attacks he ruins with a cheap giveaway, a terrible cross or a shot into the stands. With the rumors of his departure, maybe the coaching staff is thinking the same thing. Afterall, we did win every game in which he didn't start this season.

BerkeleyBernie

As much as I like Dani and would be sad to see him go, I sometimes wonder if his offensive contribution is not nullified by the countless attacks he ruins with a cheap giveaway, a terrible cross or a shot into the stands. With the rumors of his departure, maybe the coaching staff is thinking the same thing. Afterall, we did win every game in which he didn't start this season.

Yup. Dani is at his most effective when he can immediate combine with a teammate (i.e. great 1-2s with Messi). Isolated one on one in the final third, he's not a serious threat, rarely gets up a good cross, dribbles past his mark, or gets a good shot on target. If he was even 25% better at those aspects of his game, Barça would certainly have scored a few more important goals in key games vs parked buses.

abual3bed1

but when he gets his crosses right, a chance of 80% it turns into goal (Cesc in el clasico, Messi in Mallorca, Granada, Sociedad ...)

Dani might have some crazy moments when he tries a cross, but his contributions to this team are priceless. no player can do what Dani can do to this team at the moment.

X

xaviniesta

just say that you don't like him.

lets give dani some love (the few fans that have left here)

:alveshat:

JonM

just say that you don't like him.

But that would be false. You can like a player and being critical at the same time. Don't you agree that his crosses are inconsistent, that his shots are rarely on target and that he gives the ball away more often than most other players on the team? On the other hand, he has amazing stamina, he's really good at getting the ball back and he can produce magic at any moment, like we can see in these videos.

Real has Arbeloa and they renew his contract. We have Alves and we want to sell him..cules :worthy:

I don't think cules want to sell him. I don't. I'm just trying to figure out why he would be sold.

Maria

I don't think cules want to sell him. I don't. I'm just trying to figure out why he would be sold.

Then you should also try to figure out who could we bring in Dani's place that would be an upgrade.

With the rumors of his departure, maybe the coaching staff is thinking the same thing. Afterall, we did win every game in which he didn't start this season.

kl25pop:iphone

JonM

Then you should also try to figure out who could we bring in Dani's place that would be an upgrade.

It really depends what you're looking for. If we end up buying Jordi Alba, than we can go with a more defensive RB.

Anyway it's pointless because I don't think he'll be sold.

It's funny that you're posting that because all season long, I had the impression that the team was more dynamic and explosive when Xavi wasn't playing. Those stats are kinda showing that it was the case. Although Xavi played against the thoughest teams so it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

And I'm obvioulsy saying that as a Xavi hater, as you can see by my avatar.

Pepe Silvia

lets give dani some love (the few fans that have left here)
It's amazing how forgetful we can be.

With Dani and Abi you had strength, speed, versatility, and tight defense on both sides, showcasing a non-Catalan duo from France and Brazil respectively. Most importantly, they were integrated perfectly into this squad of mainly canteranos and developed that telepathy shared by only that small group.

You don't put a price tag on that.

Maria

It's funny that you're posting that because all season long, I had the impression that the team was more dynamic and explosive when Xavi wasn't playing. Those stats are kinda showing that it was the case. Although Xavi played against the thoughest teams so it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

And how is Dani's case any different, especially considering that he missed even less games then Xavi?

And just to be clear, I'm not saying that you're a Dani hater, but I don't like that some players are constantly criticized, while for others we are making excuses. All of our players have been dissapointing at one moment this season, even Messi, Busi and Masche(who were, in my opinion, the best).

JonM

And how is Dani's case any different, especially considering that he missed even less games then Xavi?

I never said it was the case.

And just to be clear, I'm not saying that you're a Dani hater, but I don't like that some players are constantly criticized, while for others we are making excuses. All of our players have been dissapointing at one moment this season, even Messi, Busi and Masche(who were, in my opinion, the best).

I agree. But I don't have a problem with players being criticized as long as it's not stuff like "he sucks", "he's not Barça material", "sell him" or "Neymar is better".

Home of Barca Fans