Daniel Alves

CatalinR10

BGO8cVFCQAIeYWT.jpg:large

hellsangel1

In his last 2 matches, to me he just looked like a shadow of a player who was so tremendous in his last two seasons with Sevilla and the first 3 and a half in Barca. I don't know if it's related to his work-rate or something else but he just doesn't get back as much or as quickly as he used to, leaves way too much space for the opposition to exploit. With Barca and Sevilla, he set the bar extremely high and probably the expectations are too high but for me he just isn't playing at the world class level consistently as he used to. He's still really good but not amazing like he used to be.

0n0mat0p0eia

It's a shame he doesn't shoot more. He's a good finisher. I kind of agree with the post sbove...

Unfortunately his shooting has gotten bad of late; free kicks either hit the wall or end up in row Z.

We could do with more shots TBH, but IMO it's from the middle of the pitch 18-25 yard out...BUT with the defence falling back filling the area between the lines of the 18 yard box with a back 4 plus DMs or more, we dont score many from long range.

Home of Barca Fans