Daniel Alves

Irish_Cules

There was two or three people in the center, unmarked, and he chose the closest one because it's easier to score from there and because it's more likely the cross will reach them. Nothing wrong with that, I most likely would have done the same.

Exactly.

I agree that Dani does tend to switch off and leave his man at the back post but he was not at fault for this goal. Song and Pique were all over the place, leaving an extra man free in the box and forcing Dani to come central.

I think giving Montoya more playing time would be good for Alves, as it'd give him something to think about, and let him know that his starting spot isn't completely secure. Alves has been great at times recently, but he's been way too inconsistent.

Garrus

I agree that I'm going pretty far with what I say (blood is boiling right now) so rambling is a pretty good word.

However despite me probably exaggerating how bad he's been, can you deny that what I said has any validity?
I gave you some time to calm and down, And finally sense how ludicrous what you said about him
"focused more on his image and his personal glory than actually playing football for the team"
"Neglects his duties but NEVER neglects to post on instagram/twitter, talk to the press, or change his hairstyles"
wow, This is just plain ungrateful and shocking, Forget the fact that he's been instrumental to our success all these year This guy is one of the most dedicated players we have, Go check who were the top 3 in terms of playing time in the last 4 seasons and a half, You'll always see his name, Even check who are the top 3 in terms of distance coverage in every match, You'll also see his name, It's hard to think of a player who works harder than him, He's a true cule, So i can't help but to feel speechless about these two comments.
There is nothing called 'too obsessive with attack', This isn't street football, No player plays the way it suits him, He attacks because he's instructed to, That's the duty the coaching staff are giving, And there is always a compromise, It's not physically possible for someone to attack while maintaining perfect defending duties, Pep and tito knew this, And there're fine with it.
The above paragraph was speaking in general, Now about yesterdays's game, There is nothing much to be said, He wasn't responsible for any of the goals, The first one happened in the opposite site of his flank, And in the second one he didn't do anything wrong:
asdasdasfgsdf.jpg

He was marking another player, Unless dani is a psychic, He didn't do anything wrong, It was just a case of being outnumbered in our area.

Last edited:

Darko

great game,but the days of him being a defender are long gone,he just walks back from attack to defence but when he has to go from defence to attack he runs like a maniac :icon_neutral:
but that assist,magical :worthy:

Stric

great game,but the days of him being a defender are long gone,he just walks back from attack to defence but when he has to go from defence to attack he runs like a maniac :icon_neutral:
but that assist,magical :worthy:

This sums it up nicely. When it's time to attack, he's incredibly agressive and fast and devoted, but when he needs to track back, he just strolls back and leaves it up to the others to take care over. There was this brilliant example of this, PSG was starting a counter and Alves was literally the last guy dropping back to defend. Good performance otherwise. For a right winger.

Home of Barca Fans