Daniel Alves

Stric

At first sight, what's most wrong about that picture is Ribery being wide open, and two players marking one forward. Both of which is entirely Alves' responsibility. I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with the rest of the defense/team in that situation, but immediately the first one you see not doing what they should be doing is Alves. Xavi and Iniesta are both running back at that moment, TBH.

This season, Alves has been great in one game, shit in the next, great again, shit again, etc, etc. I'd say the term "hit-or-miss" summarizes his season perfectly.

I think using Montoya more often to keep Alves on his toes could help though. I can see it helping his inconsistency...
I just hope we do it next season (play Montoya more to keep Alves on his toes).

R

rivaldo10

i dont know if alves should leave i like him and he and messi are best friends and when messi is fit and performs they are a big force together

Kerrybai

The problem isn't really with Alves or Alba for that matter, the problem is the tactics. Playing two attacking full backs is just killing us. One of them needs to stay back but I think it's better if they are simply not on the pitch together. Abidal or Montoya should always play.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

But still it is imo. If we play smurfs in midfield and attack, how the hell could we defend on set pieces with 2 fullbacks that suck defending on set pieces. And Alba gets pushed around by any decent forward and definitively haven't headed away ANYTHING on set pieces.

The problem isn't really with Alves or Alba for that matter, the problem is the tactics. Playing two attacking full backs is just killing us. One of them needs to stay back but I think it's better if they are simply not on the pitch together. Abidal or Montoya should always play.

Get one of them to hang back, like in the Milan game. It should work, especially with better pressing. Using 2 attacking fullbacks works for Bayern (in fact, I believe they have the best defensive record in Europe), so it's not like it never works.

Anyways, I think the ideal solution would be to get Alves and Alba to take turns attacking. Whenever one attacks, the other defends. Alba is good at defending when he actually does it (see the second leg against Milan). Alves can be as well. It's probably gonna take a while for them to get used to that though.

And of course, we need to bring back the pressing.

Last edited:

Darko

Get one of them to hang back, like in the Milan game. It should work, especially with better pressing. Using 2 attacking fullbacks works for Bayern (in fact, I believe they have the best defensive record in Europe), so it's not like it never works.

Anyways, I think the ideal solution would be to get Alves and Alba to take turns attacking. Whenever one attacks, the other defends. Alba is good at defending when he actually does it (see the second leg against Milan). Alves can be as well. It's probably gonna take a while for them to get used to that though.

because defensively and physicaly they have a better squad and are better organized at defending,not saying that it cant work next season,but this season it just doesnt work,for unknown reasons but my guess would be the management(we are conceding I dont know how many more goals than in the Pep era)

M

mitkoa7x

What a player, never stop believing, never stops working even after 3 criminal stomps he gets up gets sprayed and carries on :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

J

jiopi

The big question is, can Alves play the next 1000 games in a row without resting?

loozy

"Imposible" es sólo una palabra que usan los hombres débiles para vivir fácilmente en el mundo que se les dio, sin atreverse a explorar el poder que tienen para cambiarlo. "Imposible" no es un hecho, es una opinión. "Imposible" no es una declaración, es un reto. "Imposible" es potencial. "Imposible" es Temporal, "Imposible" no es nada!! #Deusnocomando#força#fé#concentraçao#semmedodeserfeliz

http://instagram.com/p/YsondTOH5M/

Home of Barca Fans