Daniel Alves

M

mitkoa7x

ceefoo u too tense go walk it off, need to learn to deal with defeat.

Stric

Alves has been useless for the majority of the games he's played this season. I am absolutely certain that if Montoya would have had a better season than Alves has had if he had been given the same amount of minutes. He's dead weight, Montoya has surpassed him and it's an insult to keep such a player benched while Alves is playing.

hellsangel1

Alves has declined for some time now but to project Montoyo as the next best thing is absolutely exaggeration. He's yet to prove himself at Barca, just because you're brought up in La Masia doesn't necessarliy mean that you should get the starting job. If Barcelona can find a great RB in the market, then I would say they need to go after it. Ideally I would like to see an entire new back-line in the near future( and yes that means a LB over the alleged 'beast' that is Alba) , a backline that is more capable of dealing with physical teams like Madrid or Bayern etc

Stric

Montoya hasn't played a bad game in a Barcelona shirt yet. He's good enough to be our starting RB. And he's got great potential and will probably only get better with (playing) time.

ceefoo

Alves has declined for some time now but to project Montoyo as the next best thing is absolutely exaggeration. He's yet to prove himself at Barca, just because you're brought up in La Masia doesn't necessarliy mean that you should get the starting job.
I am not yet convinced by Montoya either. But if it was a straight choice between Alves and Montoya, I know who I'd choose :montoya:

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that Dani has been a bad signing. However his defensive weaknesses were covered up by Abidal or Maxwell on the opposite flank.

It is abundantly clear that we cannot start with two attacking fullbacks that can't defend. This is not just Dani's fault. MGMT have to take responsibility for this as well for putting them in this predicament.

Dani does not fulfil his defensive responsibilities and he no longer fulfils his attacking ones. So why is he in the team?

hellsangel1

Just because you've got potential doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to work out. Bojan had potential but what is he doing now??/ Same with Cuenca.

I'm not saying that Montoya isn't a good player or anything like that but right now if we can find a great RB in the market then we should go for it instead of testing somebody who hasn't proved enough so it is a risk. I'm sure the management see him train on a regular basis and yet the fact that he hasn't featured more suggests that they don't quite rate him as highly as some here do.

hellsangel1

I am not yet convinced by Montoya either. But if it was a straight choice between Alves and Montoya, I know who I'd choose :montoya:

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that Dani has been a bad signing. However his defensive weaknesses were covered up by Abidal or Maxwell on the opposite flank.

It is abundantly clear that we cannot start with two attacking fullbacks that can't defend. This is not just Dani's fault. MGMT have to take responsibility for this as well for putting them in this predicament.

Dani does not fulfil his defensive responsibilities and he no longer fulfils his attacking ones. So why is he in the team?

He was able to defend and track back when he played at his peak but for quite some time now he just doesn't play with the same hunger or joy that he used to. I think anybody who saw him in his Sevilla days know that he wasn't just some right-sided winger...... I just think it's the same Ronaldinho syndrome here......I just don't see him as motivated as before.

JamDav1982

He was able to defend and track back when he played at his peak but for quite some time now he just doesn't play with the same hunger or joy that he used to. I think anybody who saw him in his Sevilla days know that he wasn't just some right-sided winger...... I just think it's the same Ronaldinho syndrome here......I just don't see him as motivated as before.

It has become easier for teams to break on Barcelona and therefor easier to exploit the space Alves leaves and his poor positioining.

In the past he also he Abidal at the other side who would tuck in and cover when Alves went forward allowing Puyol to push across to RB area and cover the space.

Sadly Puyol and Abidal are not there anymore and no one takes charge at the back.

hellsangel1

It's the same in entire back 4, it's not just the 'right' side that leaks in goals . They were attacking down the left hand side for much of those 2 legs. It was Robben who was Bayern's most potent attacking threat.

F

Frejsgodes

His crosses are absolutely abysmal, and he gets picked on a lot. Ribery owned him.

If some big money club comes knocking we should consider selling him.

khaled_a_d

Just because you've got potential doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to work out. Bojan had potential but what is he doing now??/ Same with Cuenca.

I'm not saying that Montoya isn't a good player or anything like that but right now if we can find a great RB in the market then we should go for it instead of testing somebody who hasn't proved enough so it is a risk. I'm sure the management see him train on a regular basis and yet the fact that he hasn't featured more suggests that they don't quite rate him as highly as some here do.

The thing is ,the market isn't offering good RBs anymore ,it is one of the worst positions in the terms of quality right now IMHO
Also I don't trust our management

Home of Barca Fans