Daniel Alves

Chainsaw

Killahead
Dani Alves wasn't very sharp last night. But going that far saying Montoya should be ahead of him or even being better than him is ridiculous. Still the best RB in the world to me. Montoya still has a lot to prove that he's Barca quality yet.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Dani Alves wasn't very sharp last night. But going that far saying Montoya should be ahead of him or even being better than him is ridiculous. Still the best RB in the world to me. Montoya still has a lot to prove that he's Barca quality yet.
You seriously believe that Alves is better than Lahm?

psychotsek

The main problem i see with Dani is that he hasn't matured as a player.Yes from 2006 to 2010 he was in beast mode.He attacked and defended with the same intensity and success for 90+ minutes.
The Alves i see today is a stuborn player who tries to do the same but the lack of physical strength and stamina is obvious.It's a pity cause if he tried to slow down a bit and focus first on defending and then on the rest he could become even better.

Meitux

He's unstable, he's not really bringing something really special to the team right now but Montoya needs also impovement. It's a confusing situation really. The question is, would you with the safe way or suppsed to be safe way of a 30 year old Alves or rather risk a bit Montoya and see the final results which he can show if he can improve more in the future.

The Observer

Let's stop overanalyzing, shall we? Alves has played 2 games the last 2 months. He's pretty much in the same situation as Messi if not worse. This is not Fifa where you come onto the pitch after 4 weeks in a high intensity game and deliver a 9 out of 10 performance. Alba was worse as usual.

F

Flavia

Let's stop overanalyzing, shall we? Alves has played 2 games the last 2 months. He's pretty much in the same situation as Messi if not worse. This is not Fifa where you come onto the pitch after 4 weeks in a high intensity game and deliver a 9 out of 10 performance. Alba was worse as usual.

I agree about Alves, but Alba worse? Alba was one of the best against atletico.

The Observer

The way Arda waltzed into the box from the right wing we could have as well played a 3 man backline without Alba. Messed up the offside trap on another play (luckily the linesman got it wrong). Defensively 6 out of 10 at best and you have to keep in mind that Atletico don't even play with real wingers. It's a narrow, defensive 4-4-2 with 2 centerforwards. Offensively I didn't see him do anything either. Not a single meaningful cross. Iniesta got the most dangerous one in.

Don't know why Alba's performance is rated here. Maybe because he unexpectedly won a header against Costa?

Home of Barca Fans