Daniel Alves

Darko

BgUDiUgCIAAurV4.jpg:large

looks like Song has a white leg

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
KhaledBarca said:
I thought he was great last night, until last few minutes! But, I can understand that the tie was already over (3-0 up) and which lead to lack of concentration!
Hope he does well vs City.

He doesn't bother tracking back these days. We need to let him go after this season.

I'm with cule4life here... Even if we were 15-0 up, he should be giving his 100% every single match until the final whistle...

In Sociedad's goal you could clearly see him carelessly jogging back in their counter attack, which is absolutely unacceptable... We didn't win so much in the past by being lazy and unfocused but the total opposite... This kind of behaviour is what is weakening the team, and if a player is not willing to leave his skin on the pitch then he might as well go to a less competitive league...

serghei

Alves is an offensive RB. Offensive as in he contributes more in attack than in defense. At the end of the day it's all about pros vs cons with him. His link play with Messi is immense for instance.

JamDav1982

I'm with cule4life here... Even if we were 15-0 up, he should be giving his 100% every single match until the final whistle...

In Sociedad's goal you could clearly see him carelessly jogging back in their counter attack, which is absolutely unacceptable... We didn't win so much in the past by being lazy and unfocused but the total opposite... This kind of behaviour is what is weakening the team, and if a player is not willing to leave his skin on the pitch then he might as well go to a less competitive league...

Go and watch the goal again it was nothing to do with being lazy.

He was up the park and pressing the opposition full back as he was the furthest forward player on the right.

The ball was played into the middle then out wide form their as the other players had dropped back when he went to press.

He maybe should have dropped back without pressing the full back and been in position but it was nothing to do with lack of effort.

gazza

Who was covering for Alves i honestly can't remember ! but surely Song should ave got back the goalscorer was all on is own.
Who was Masch having a go at ? i didn't see but he was gesticulating at someone.

serghei

Go and watch the goal again it was nothing to do with being lazy.

He was up the park and pressing the opposition full back as he was the furthest forward player on the right.

The ball was played into the middle then out wide form their as the other players had dropped back when he went to press.

He maybe should have dropped back without pressing the full back and been in position but it was nothing to do with lack of effort.

Busi or Pique could have covered the area of Alves. They could have closed down the Sociedad player that received the ball in the wing. Players cover each other all the time. To me, it's Pique who takes most of the blame for that goal, as he didn't block the cross and didn't defend at Griezmann either.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Alves would need to be the flash to cover the distance to the sociedad player... He was too much upfront. Someone should cover him when he does that.

JamDav1982

Busi or Pique could have covered the area of Alves. They could have closed down the Sociedad player that received the ball in the wing. Players cover each other all the time. To me, it's Pique who takes most of the blame for that goal, as he didn't block the cross and didn't defend at Griezmann either.

I am not blaming Alves, just pointing out that he was not just lazily jogging back behind the play as some people are trying to make out.

He was probably the player that put in more miles than any other Barca player yesterday and was busting a gut to win the ball in their half right up until the 90th minute.

Yet one goal that people see him behind play and he is branded as lacking effort or lazy.

Its absurd.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
This is the kind of match I want to see from him... Lethal in attack and solid in defense...

He absolutely ran his socks off for the team tonight, brilliant match...

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He didn't attempt many of those stupid crosses today which made the difference in his performance huge.

e28makaveli

Who was covering for Alves i honestly can't remember ! but surely Song should ave got back the goalscorer was all on is own.
Who was Masch having a go at ? i didn't see but he was gesticulating at someone.
That's right. When Alves got caught up the field, someone else should have covered for him. I am sure he was caught up there doing something useful.

Home of Barca Fans