Daniel Alves

e28makaveli

Just watched it, it makes me realize how much of a privilege it is for us Barcelona fans to have a player like Dani.

Yup.

Dani, Dani, Dani, my man. This guy for me is one of the sparks and icons on this team, along with Messi, Puyol and Valdes. His outside of the foot long range passing is simply outstanding.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Another added benefit of having Neymar in the squad here now, being able to spark Dani's career as he heads into the twilight of it...He's not nearly the player he was 5 or 6 years ago nevermind 7-9 but he still can influence matches...Plus, 6 years of developing chemistry with the best player in the world?...Who could replace that really?

barcanuck

What was awesome is seeing Neymar on the right with Dani combining like Messi used to do when he started as RW. We need to start NeyBoy on the right and Pedro on the left sometimes. The Brazilians looked awesome !

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
What was awesome is seeing Neymar on the right with Dani combining like Messi used to do when he started as RW. We need to start NeyBoy on the right and Pedro on the left sometimes. The Brazilians looked awesome !

Yes, yes, yes. Almost makes me want to put him there permanently. That brazilian chemistry is too good not to take advantage of it. At least I hope Tata resorts to switching him to the right wing when an extra bit of magic is needed. Also consider it's easier for him to connect with Messi on that side since Messi tends to lean more towards the right, usually since he cuts in across from there. Messi+Neymar+Alves linking up is pretty awesome.

The Observer

We will probably see a lot of Neymar on the right. I don't envision Fabregas getting dropped in too many games. We'll play the City lineup but with Neymar instead of Alexis in big games IMO. Especially away from home when we'll most likely flood the middle with Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc. Judging by player comments, they prefer this formation a lot and it worked well so far so no reason to not stick with it.

---------------Messi--------------
-----------------------Neymar-----
-----Iniesta----Cesc---------------
-------------------------------Alves
---------------------Xavi-----------
-----------Busquets----------------
------------------------------------

I like the look of this.

Last edited:

barca1899

BhEWWfUCAAEpaiE.jpg

Tw Alves: "With: #alexsong and @neymarjr The Brave Ones part 3 - hahaha"

Qonny

We will probably see a lot of Neymar on the right. I don't envision Fabregas getting dropped in too many games. We'll play the City lineup but with Neymar instead of Alexis in big games IMO. Especially away from home when we'll most likely flood the middle with Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc. Judging by player comments, they prefer this formation a lot and it worked well so far so no reason to not stick with it.

---------------Messi--------------
-----------------------Neymar-----
-----Iniesta----Cesc---------------
-------------------------------Alves
---------------------Xavi-----------
-----------Busquets----------------
------------------------------------

I like the look of this.

Last season we played with iniesta, Xavi and fabregas at the same time too, and it worked well in the beginning, but quickly became worse than having Messi + two wingers up front. Someone who is more knowledgable about tactics than me that cares to explain the difference this time around, leaving out neymar as a factor? :)

ppxrare

Last season we played with iniesta, Xavi and fabregas at the same time too, and it worked well in the beginning, but quickly became worse than having Messi + two wingers up front. Someone who is more knowledgable about tactics than me that cares to explain the difference this time around, leaving out neymar as a factor? :)

im no expert but to me its mostly about the interchanging of roles between the players. Last year messi would be false nine with iniesta as a left winger and either pedro or alexis onr right. Iniesta isnt that effective as a winger and messi would get marked out of games which leaves pedro/alexis with nothing but to pass backwards.

Now you mostly see Messi switching false nine positions with Fabregas, or moving to the right with sanchez in the middle and iniesta playing mostly as a left midfielder instead of a left winger while the front three switching positions constantly

NeyMesSis

For BIG away Games:

----------------- Valdes -----------------
---- Dani --- Masch --- Pique --- Alba ----
---------------- Busquets ----------------
--------- Xavi -------Cesc ---------------
----------------------------- Iniesta -----
------ Neymar --- Messi ------------------

barcanuck

This guy being left out with Alba injured actually blew my mind. Gut feeling is Tata was not impressed with his dancing antics much like Messi after the big goal vs City. Benches him for whole game seriously Tata? I'm lost for words. Hate seeing both Alba and Alves play sometimes, but hate seeing none of them play either.

e28makaveli

This guy being left out with Alba injured actually blew my mind. Gout feeling is Tata was not impressed with his dancing antics much like Messi after the big goal vs City. Benches him for whole game seriously Tata? I'm lost for words. Hate seeing both Alba and Alves play sometimes, but hate seeing none of them play either.
What was offensive about Dani's goal celebration anyone?

jairzinho

This guy being left out with Alba injured actually blew my mind. Gut feeling is Tata was not impressed with his dancing antics much like Messi after the big goal vs City. Benches him for whole game seriously Tata? I'm lost for words. Hate seeing both Alba and Alves play sometimes, but hate seeing none of them play either.

Dancing Antics ??. I seriously doubt it.

Home of Barca Fans