Daniel Alves

Chainsaw

Killahead
Dani celebrations was funny at worst. Sometimes the crowd need some shake up and I don't mind such celebrations once in a while. I don't think Dani meant that just for the City match. It must have been related to his recent comments after the Valladolid match where he said "the ones who don't believe in us better get off the boat" as well. He just let his anger out but not in any aggressive manner that people go drama over it.

XaviMessiGirl

I definitely agree that the fans (as a whole) need to do a better job supporting the club in the stadium. They're privileged to be able to see this team play, if I lived in Barcelona or could afford to go to some matches every season I know I'd try to make my presence known. But I generally find gestures like that a bit on the arrogant side, that's all.

Also, remember that the club regulates some aspects of the atmosphere & less things are organized by the fans than at most other clubs. That is likely hurting the atmosphere more than helping.

Maria

I definitely agree that the fans (as a whole) need to do a better job supporting the club in the stadium. They're privileged to be able to see this team play, if I lived in Barcelona or could afford to go to some matches every season I know I'd try to make my presence known. But I generally find gestures like that a bit on the arrogant side, that's all.

Also, remember that the club regulates some aspects of the atmosphere & less things are organized by the fans than at most other clubs. That is likely hurting the atmosphere more than helping.

They pay lots of money for that privilege so players like Dani Alves could threaten the club when they're negotiating their contract..and yes, I agree that the fans should do better, but I can't take this attitude from someone like Dani who looks like he's choosing in which games he shows up in the last 2 seasons.

Qonny

I think it's wrong as a player to criticize the fans, at least when they have not done anything that hurts the club. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to scream your lungs out every game, or being overly optimistic about everything, borderline oblivious to facts. There are different reasons for people becoming a fan/supporter of a club, and for me, you can't compare them with each other, claiming one is better than the other. For a player to criticize a fan, is to question ones pride and reasons, and I think that is very bad, especially when it's not even targeted at anyone, but just in general.

Just my opinion of course.

Alissa

They pay lots of money for that privilege so players like Dani Alves could threaten the club when they're negotiating their contract..and yes, I agree that the fans should do better, but I can't take this attitude from someone like Dani who looks like he's choosing in which games he shows up in the last 2 seasons.

Money has nothing to do with it, I spend money for FC Zürich and scream my lungs out even when they lose (which is sadly very often). They have the priviledge to be in Barcelona and witness this great generation live, and instead of appreciating it they take it for granted. Hell, they even whistle their own players, so yes Dani is right to demand some more support.

I am not saying they have to be loud when Barca plays Almeria or a second divison team, but on an European night against a strong team, when the CL is at stake, the least you can do is show your support.

Kerrybai

Money has nothing to do with it, I spend money for FC Zürich and scream my lungs out even when they lose (which is sadly very often). They have the priviledge to be in Barcelona and witness this great generation live, and instead of appreciating it they take it for granted. Hell, they even whistle their own players, so yes Dani is right to demand some more support.

I am not saying they have to be loud when Barca plays Almeria or a second divison team, but on an European night against a strong team, when the CL is at stake, the least you can do is show your support.

It's not comparable though. Teams in many European countries have ultras who will scream and cheer for the team until the last minute, for example Madrid's recent trip to Germany where the German fans supported the team through the 6-1 defeat. The attitude in Spain is not the same, the psyche is moulded in an altogether different way.

Also the fans were right to get on the players back. The team is throwing away La Liga. It's one thing to lose a game but can Dani honestly say they gave it their all in our recent league games? These guys get paid too much to put in performance like our last league game. If they did everything they could the fans would acknowledge that, like they did after the defeat against Chelsea. However they know the team isn't putting in 100% so they are letting the players know by whistling etc.

Maria

Exactly..it's one thing to know you lose against a team that is so much better than you(like in 2011-2012 season)..but when you have a lead of 6 pts and play so disgracefully against Valencia or Valladolid the last thing you should do is blame the fans. It reminds of Rijkaard's last year, when Ronaldinho was the last at trainings and the first to blame others for our defeat.

Alissa

^How do you know that they are throwing away La Liga? Maybe that's all they are capable of giving right now. They had a very difficult trip to Manchester (where they won and kept a clean sheet) and maybe they just didn't have the power to do more at that particular moment. They are not machines, you know, they are human beings and they have limitations.

And like someone said, whistling the players is not going to help, it just makes the situation worse. I just can't believe that the fans really think that they have the right to whistle the players just because they happen to lose a game, losing is part of the game too. You just don't stop supporting your team because it's going through a difficult phase, you help them go through that phase and overcome it.

Almost 90'000 fans in a great stadium and the place is dead. It is just so sad to watch.

serghei

Dani Alves must be one of the craziest players in the world. Today he dribbles three City players like they were made of cardboard, and the next day he makes a fool of himself against some C level team in bottom-Primera. Still think he's a world class player when his mind is in the game, and not wondering in a dreamland of beaches, moustaches or dance songs.

Last edited:

Maria

^How do you know that they are throwing away La Liga? Maybe that's all they are capable of giving right now. They had a very difficult trip to Manchester (where they won and kept a clean sheet) and maybe they just didn't have the power to do more at that particular moment. They are not machines, you know, they are human beings and they have limitations.

And like someone said, whistling the players is not going to help, it just makes the situation worse. I just can't believe that the fans really think that they have the right to whistle the players just because they happen to lose a game, losing is part of the game too. You just don't stop supporting your team because it's going through a difficult phase, you help them go through that phase and overcome it.

Almost 90'000 fans in a great stadium and the place is dead. It is just so sad to watch.

If we have to accept that this was the best they could do against the 18th team in La Liga after having a week of rest, then it's only fair that they should accept that this is the best the fans could do in a CL game. And if Dani Alves would have carred about the fans so much he would have played for BVB..but he cares about the money that Barca offers so he should just accept the fans that come with those money.

Last edited:

serghei

If we have to accept that this was the best they could do against the 18th team in La Liga after having a week of rest, then it's only fair that they should accept that this is the best the fans could do in a CL game.

Really nice way of putting it.

Alissa

If we have to accept that this was the best they could do against the 18th team in La Liga after having a week of rest, then it's only fair that they should accept that this is the best the fans could do in a CL game. And if Dani Alves would have carred about the fans so much he would have played for BVB..but he cares about the money that Barca offers so he should just accept the fans that come with those money.

Against the 18th team in La Liga? Why does that even matter? According to that logic, Barca should win against every team (bar RM and AM because they are above them) in La Liga, only if they give it their 100%, it's that simple. Hell, why even bother having a league if we all know that Barca is better, they just need to want the title and they will win it.

I can't believe that I'm not a barca fan and I am actually standing here, defending your players, something you should be doing. Oh the irony.

The fans pay, so the fans decide whatever the hell they want to do. Ok then, we shall agree to disagree because this is getting worse by the minute.

Cule4life

The Culest
Who said anything about winning every match? The bone of contention is the effort put in by the players. How many times we can say this season that our players played at 100% or played like their lives were on the line

CatalinR10

Against the 18th team in La Liga? Why does that even matter? According to that logic, Barca should win against every team (bar RM and AM because they are above them) in La Liga, only if they give it their 100%, it's that simple. Hell, why even bother having a league if we all know that Barca is better, they just need to want the title and they will win it.

I can't believe that I'm not a barca fan and I am actually standing here, defending your players, something you should be doing. Oh the irony.

The fans pay, so the fans decide whatever the hell they want to do. Ok then, we shall agree to disagree because this is getting worse by the minute.

+ 1 .
all hail alves

:worthy:

Home of Barca Fans