Daniel Alves

XaviMessiGirl

They pay lots of money for that privilege so players like Dani Alves could threaten the club when they're negotiating their contract..and yes, I agree that the fans should do better, but I can't take this attitude from someone like Dani who looks like he's choosing in which games he shows up in the last 2 seasons.

That's pretty much what I think.

It's not comparable though. Teams in many European countries have ultras who will scream and cheer for the team until the last minute, for example Madrid's recent trip to Germany where the German fans supported the team through the 6-1 defeat. The attitude in Spain is not the same, the psyche is moulded in an altogether different way.

The attitude isn't the same because our ultras are banned (and the ones who aren't, aren't able to show their affiliation), but it's not because we don't have any.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Dani Alves is beginning to get a terrible attitude. His first reaction to any call is to complain and not to defend, even when the play is going on. He exaggerates every contact and his over confidence sometimes is borderline cringeworthy.

And he recently comes out and has a go at the people who pay his wages. Multiple times. LOL.

Kerrybai

^How do you know that they are throwing away La Liga? Maybe that's all they are capable of giving right now. They had a very difficult trip to Manchester (where they won and kept a clean sheet) and maybe they just didn't have the power to do more at that particular moment. They are not machines, you know, they are human beings and they have limitations.

And like someone said, whistling the players is not going to help, it just makes the situation worse. I just can't believe that the fans really think that they have the right to whistle the players just because they happen to lose a game, losing is part of the game too. You just don't stop supporting your team because it's going through a difficult phase, you help them go through that phase and overcome it.

Almost 90'000 fans in a great stadium and the place is dead. It is just so sad to watch.

I refuse to believe that they gave it their all in the league recently. The effort was no existent at times.

Also I don't think it was dead. City fans over on Blue moon reported the noise to be deafening at times.

XaviMessiGirl

I refuse to believe that they gave it their all in the league recently. The effort was no existent at times.

Also I don't think it was dead. City fans over on Blue moon reported the noise to be deafening at times.

The atmosphere in most English stadiums is that of a plank of wood, so it's no surprise they thought the Camp Nou was "deafening".

Maria

One week of rest?! Weren't most of them been away with their national teams just days before the Valladolid match?

Yeah..I completelly forgot about that. :facepalm:
But unlike the other times, the spanish NT actually played in Spain and apart from Messi, Neymar(?) and Masche(?) our players didn't had to play for 90 minutes.

Pepe Silvia

Who calls out the fans is irrelevant to me. The point is, our stadium is embarrassingly quiet for a football club as big as ours is. It comes across as passionless, when in reality the opposite is true. We are a storied club with rich history and traditions and play unique, brave football yet our stadium reflects that of a bunch of ivy league spoiled brats. Say what you want about Real Madrid, but when it's time to make a place rock, they, and Atletico for that matter, tear the place down, while we sit and whistle. Something should be done.

Pepe Silvia

Barca fans seemed more vocal in city's stadium than the city fans
So what? That's one team, $hitty to be exact and their fans aren't notorious for doing anything except jumping with their backs to the pitch like retards anyway. One EPL team doesn't represent the majority of a league. EPL is probably a bit louder overall in crowd atmosphere to La Liga, but just by a bit. La Liga crowds get down too though.

Not to stray to far from the topic, I'd like Camp Nou crowds to represent a bit more, especially in the bigger games.

XaviMessiGirl

Please tell me you're joking?

I'm speaking from experience - granted I'm comparing my experience of a match in the UK with my experience of a match in Italy (great atmosphere). So I probably set a high pedestal, but I know I'm not alone in thinking that compared to many other countries' fans, a lot of modern PL fanbases are quite tame.

Kerrybai

I'm speaking from experience - granted I'm comparing my experience of a match in the UK with my experience of a match in Italy (great atmosphere). So I probably set a high pedestal, but I know I'm not alone in thinking that compared to many other countries' fans, a lot of modern PL fanbases are quite tame.

Well it really depends on the club. Anfield on a European night can be very special.

Home of Barca Fans