Daniel Alves

Neeraj

There are some rumours of him saying to his close ones that he will leave in the summer.

I hope that's true. I had been a HUGE fan of his uptil a season and a half back, and since then I have seen him decline in every way, to the point in which he has truly become a lability to the team. I have mentioned multiple times why, but overall, he just isn't good enough for us right now. Not offensively, sure as hell not defensively, and now it seems not mentally (i.e. his attitude and his negativity - constant complaining, blaming other for his own piss poor performance, etc. ) Thanks for everything, but I think its good for both us and him if he moves on.

mazp

I hope he stays honestly. Losing all our veterans in one off season is insane.

So do I. People say we should sell him and bring a defensive minded RB and let Alba attack down the left, to have balance. But does Alba offer the same attacking prowess that Alves offers ? IMO, no.

Alarcón

So do I. People say we should sell him and bring a defensive minded RB and let Alba attack down the left, to have balance. But does Alba offer the same attacking prowess that Alves offers ? IMO, no.

Regardless of whether he does or not, I can't think of any RB who is affordable and would improve our defense while maintaining the same influence in attack. Usually, it's the management's job to look for one, but the players that are rumoured to join Barça would seriously weaken us (Cuadrado, Zuñiga).

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Regardless of whether he does or not, I can't think of any RB who is affordable and would improve our defense while maintaining the same influence in attack. Usually, it's the management's job to look for one, but the players that are rumoured to join Barça would seriously weaken us (Cuadrado, Zuñiga).

Exactly, Alves has been tremendous to us - just as instrumental as Xavi, Messi, Iniesta and Busi. I think he could still give us 2 more seasons, selling him for about 10-15M would jut be bad business. Problem is though, imo the only option we SHOULD look at is De Sciglio - but we can't buy him for next season, he won't be happy with playing every third match.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Besides, we can't expect to have clones of the players we have right now... We should bring players that add new things even if it means a slight tactical variation...

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Strange, I tried to post in this thread an hour ago and it said may post had to be accepted by a moderator? And than it disappeared?

F

Flavia

Strange, I tried to post in this thread an hour ago and it said may post had to be accepted by a moderator? And than it disappeared?

It was still waiting to be approved. I just did it. Sometimes random posts get caught by the spam filter.

CatalinR10

Dani Alves (30) has asked his agents to listen to offers. Barcelona are willing to let him go this summer. Asking price 20M. [sport]

Pepe Silvia

I'm speaking from experience - granted I'm comparing my experience of a match in the UK with my experience of a match in Italy (great atmosphere). So I probably set a high pedestal, but I know I'm not alone in thinking that compared to many other countries' fans, a lot of modern PL fanbases are quite tame.
EPL fans quite tame, okay… LOL!!!

Home of Barca Fans