Daniel Alves

Cule4life

The Culest
Meanwhile, Man City are interested in Barcelona right back Dani Alves (30). They hope to sign the Brazilian player for around 18M this summer. [sun]

Negotiate to 20-25m and take it and run
Make alba attacking FB. Buy Danilo, Aurier, Sciglio or even Cuadrado if you want like for like

oggmar

Meanwhile, Man City are interested in Barcelona right back Dani Alves (30). They hope to sign the Brazilian player for around 18M this summer. [sun]

Alves has been a huge part of this recent very successful barca era I really do hope they keep him

ceefoo

Barca 70% possesion -> Alves 70% offensive, link-up duties.
Opponent 30% possesion -> Alves 30% defensive duties.

What you are saying is that you want Alves to be defending when we have the ball and that's so uncharacteristic for Barcelona.
It's inevitable that Barcelona being one of the better teams and with a possession based philosophy are going to spend more time attacking than defending.

However, if a crap team spends most of it's time without the ball and defending it's goal, does that also mean that their Strikers primary role is as defender? NO, it doesn't. He is expected to score goals and attack the goal. Same goes for a Full-Back, who falls under the Category of Defender btw.

A Full-Backs role has changed significantly over the past 30 years and I agree that they are a massive part of a teams attacking arsenal nowadays. But his First Objective is to Protect His Goal. This should rank above everything else. :smug:

CesDel

Alves always speaks his mind, when it's about Madrid everybody says it's awesome... when it's about the fans though :lol:

I have always had the same opinion regarding the camp nou fans. The fans are very fickle. They will celebrate all the trophies that the team wins, but after one loss they want half the team sold and the rest to retire.

Sadly, thats something that the camp nou have in commong with the Bernabeu..

Needless to say that I agreed with Alves comment regarding the Barca fans..

ceefoo

FFS Stop F***ING High-Crossing the Ball!!!

7107338.gif

Home of Barca Fans