Daniel Alves

serghei

@Ursegor, OK mate. Think what you like. Keep in mind that his contribution in offense brought us the three points though. You missed that one. And maybe you should post a couple of screenshots with those two sitters Messi and Neymar missed after Alves' amazing passes.

zealot

I agree that he has done poorly defensively. However I'm with Serghei here. Alves has been very useful to us in providing extra outlet in our attack, making him a very valuable member of the first team.

I dunno about you guys, but my understading of our defense since Pep days is completely different. IMHO we never have the best defenders. Think of it realistically; Pique as we know can be very inconsistent, Puyol is great tackler but he is also not the most composed defenders out there and he was also prone to make mistakes. Abidal, well for me he has the composed play style and brilliant ball control, but he never had the aggresiveness of a top top class defender.

BUT at Barca all these flaws are covered up by our defensive system. Our tactic, while giving more freedom to the players when attacking, it also require our players to cover up each other frequently when defending. Thus the case presented by Ursegor is actually very normal in our team. The difference between now and then is actually our inability to close down opponents like the old days.

So my point is, its not fair to point directly to Alves for our wobbly defense. Its the system, which is not as effective as it once was.

But as a member of the team Alves should be lauded for his overall contribution, and that must include his attacking prowess, even though on paper he is a full back.

Cule4life

The Culest
I dunno why people are against Cuadrado coming. He is a beast in attack. And since our FBs can get away with jogging back these days why not get him.

Djab

22 - Daniel Alves

If Cuardado can defend and is not in relax mode most of the time and does not cross idiotically and does not dye his hair when they turn a tie and etc.
I have no problem with him comming.

Jokes aside, I have no problem with Alves either. But the thing is he has slightly lost his creativity in attacking situations, he's still brilliant but why always he should have to cross either too high or for some little guys who clearly can't head. I know we scored the equaliser with his cross and Neymar's header in SuperCopa, and I'm thankful for that. But he can do plenty of other sort of things like a cut back, etc.

Sometimes when I watch a United game it reminds me of Alves' crosses.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Some golden quotes today in his pressy, love love love this player!

“Whenever Barca win it is due to the refs, whenever Barca lose it is the end of an era. There is little balance in these things.”

"Figo always gets us the hottest ball in the draw. Let's see if he uses his left hand next time..."

"Sometimes you watch tv and you just hear the journalists are Madrid fans. It's as if they're wearing a Madrid shirt under the suit."

"After clasico, press were discussing about our penalties while they kept quiet about Madrid's penalty, the only one that wasn't one"

"Rumurs about Barça looking for right back? Barça are looking for a right back for 3 years. The club decides, but I feel good here."

"I admire Iniesta a lot, he deserves a Ballon d'Or, for everything he gave to football. Same goes for Xavi."

Legend :worthy:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Alves on Atletico set-pieces: “Football is played with just one ball. If we have the ball, it is difficult for the opponent to damage us."

Galning

Alves always speaks his mind, when it's about Madrid everybody says it's awesome... when it's about the fans though :lol:

L

linetty

Meanwhile, Man City are interested in Barcelona right back Dani Alves (30). They hope to sign the Brazilian player for around 18M this summer. [sun]

Home of Barca Fans