Daniel Alves

e28makaveli

.. will never sell this guy atleast not this season. But this is me. Too much quality to let go especially if we are going to rely on folks like Montaya.

More than compensates for his occasional bone head defending. What about that pressure towards the end on the opposing keep?

F

Flavia

BlsuPsnIYAAQTnv.jpg:large

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
.. will never sell this guy atleast not this season. But this is me. Too much quality to let go especially if we are going to rely on folks like Montaya.

More than compensates for his occasional bone head defending. What about that pressure towards the end on the opposing keep?

My thoughts as well although I'm not down on Montoya...Would've preferred Dani not fouling the keeper 10 meters out of his area

Fitting that he has surpassed Cocu and only stands behind Messi as the foreign player with most appearances for the club, he's no doubt a club legend now

Pepe Silvia

Played with purpose for the first time in a long time. He had fire and drive. Few pointless crosses but he's always done that. Dribble of course led to Alexis wiff assist.

Truthist

He really needs to go now imo. The motivation is no longer there. Those that say he's better than Montoya, well yes he maybe BUT at least Montoya makes a conservative effort in defence unlike Alves.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Laurie

I agree. We have one very good attacking full back in Alba. We do not and even should not play with 2 very attacking fullbacks. When Abidal was in the team, there was much more balance in defence. Alves is a club legend and has given so much for Barca, but it's time to sell him IMO. This summer we would still get decent amount of money from this deal. Plus his crossing is just aweful, unbealivably bad.

We should buy a bit less offensive (and taller :D ) full back to replace him. Montoya is decent enough cover for that position plus Adriano can play there as well if worse comes to worst.

Barcilliant

I agree. We have one very good attacking full back in Alba. We do not and even should not play with 2 very attacking fullbacks. When Abidal was in the team, there was much more balance in defence. Alves is a club legend and has given so much for Barca, but it's time to sell him IMO. This summer we would still get decent amount of money from this deal. Plus his crossing is just aweful, unbealivably bad.

We should buy a bit less offensive (and taller :D ) full back to replace him. Montoya is decent enough cover for that position plus Adriano can play there as well if worse comes to worst.

Why not play Batra as a right back??

aaron101

Bartra never played RB for the first team. I don't think he can make overlapping runs, provide low crosses and link up plays to out attackers.

FC B

Should stay. We have no one better to replace him with and he proved this season he can still be decisive sometimes.

Home of Barca Fans