Daniel Alves

ceefoo

A FIFA statement has condemned yesterdays disgraceful scenes at el Madrigal. It read:

"We have looked closely at the video footage and denounce this shameful behaviour. We must clamp down on these thugs that are tarnishing the game and show them it will not be tolerated. A substantial fine to the player in question; Daniel Alves - for littering is pending." FIFA - "Say NO, to litter".

L

linetty

That's because he is told to attack..
Blah, blah, blah. He's a DEFENDER. If he cannot deal with both of his duties then he should be long gone by now.

I hope he knows what is best for the team.

serghei

Blah, blah, blah. He's a DEFENDER. If he cannot deal with both of his duties then he should be long gone by now.

I hope he knows what is best for the team.

Dani Alves is played like a winger 60% of the time in Barcelona. That's a tactic and it comes with it's downfalls. What are you trying to suggest is that Dani does what he feels like without the manager's approval. That's nonsense. If he had done that, he would've been benched right away. Instead of blaming Alves for this, you should blame Tata Martino.

And for the highlighted part, no player can be in two places at once, if he's in the attack, he can't travel faster than the ball to get back to defence. And in the end, it's on the manager to decide if he wants to go for higher offensive power, or more defensive stability. To me it's clear that Martino views Alves as an offensive weapon first. It's not wrong, IF YOU HAVE A WORLD CLASS DEFENDER to cover for him. At the moment, we don't. That's why Alves should be played as a more conservative RB -- at least until we buy a reliable defender.

Last edited:

Stric

I really want him to stay. Even if we got a new RB, he can stay as a back-up...but he probably won't be ok with that..

That's the problem exactly. I wouldn't mind having him around as an option either, but as long as he's here, he'll be the first choice, and we can't have that anymore.

Grunberg

We should all stand together on this one and take pictures of us self with a banana or just express it in some other way, and show our support. Its ridiculous that we still in 2014 have this issue and no one is doing anything about it. Yeah, we have those FIFA banners, but by personally using social media we can stand together and show our voice in a creative and fun way :) Remember to use those hashtags: #weareallmonkeys and #somostodosmacacos

Stric

So, you seriously rate Montoya over Alves?

Most of the time, probably not. Recently, however, absolutely yes. Alves' performances are at an all time low.

My post, however, had nothing to do with Montoya. It had to do with Alves. I wasn't even referring to his potential replacement.

L

linetty

Dani Alves is played like a winger 60% of the time in Barcelona. That's a tactic and it comes with it's downfalls. What are you trying to suggest is that Dani does what he feels like without the manager's approval. That's nonsense. If he had done that, he would've been benched right away. Instead of blaming Alves for this, you should blame Tata Martino.

And for the highlighted part, no player can be in two places at once, if he's in the attack, he can't travel faster than the ball to get back to defence. And in the end, it's on the manager to decide if he wants to go for higher offensive power, or more defensive stability. To me it's clear that Martino views Alves as an offensive weapon first. It's not wrong, IF YOU HAVE A WORLD CLASS DEFENDER to cover for him. At the moment, we don't. That's why Alves should be played as a more conservative RB -- at least until we buy a reliable defender.
Doesnt Jordi Alba or Adriano do the same job as Alves? They still manage to be there, in defence, when needed at least

F

Flavia

FC Barcelona supports Respect and says NO to racism

www.fcbarcelona.cat
04/28/2014 13:54

FC Barcelona wishes to express its complete support and solidarity with our first team player Dani Alves, following the insults he was subject to from a section of the crowd at El Madrigal on Sunday during the game against Villarreal

FC Barcelona would like to underline the civil, cultural, social and sporting importance of two messages which UEFA remind us of before every game: Respect and No to Racism.

FC Barcelona wishes to express its complete support and solidarity with our first team player Dani Alves, following the insults he was subject to from a section of the crowd at El Madrigal on Sunday during the game against Villarreal. FC Barcelona accepts that the perpetrators of these insults are in no way connected to Villarreal and we value very positively the support the club offered to our player. The club’s immediate condemnation of the incidents is a step in the right direction to firstly isolate and then eradicate completely from the sporting arena this kind of behaviour.

FC Barcelona reiterates its support for UEFA’s message of Respect and No to Racism and urges all clubs to continue fighting against the blight on the game which any kind of aggression against a sportsperson on the basis of their race represents.

NeyMesSis

Doesnt Jordi Alba or Adriano do the same job as Alves? They still manage to be there, in defence, when needed at least

adriano does nearly nothing for the offense.. he does 1% from what alves does and alba ca. 40%.
everytime adriaano plays we dont create dnger on the left flank

serghei

Jordi Alba no. He does not provide in attack what Alves does, because his role in Martino's Barcelona is more balanced. And about Adriano, he is just an inferior version of Dani Alves. Check Sociedad - Barcelona 3-1, one of Barca's poorest games this season.

serghei

Most of the time, probably not. Recently, however, absolutely yes. Alves' performances are at an all time low.

My post, however, had nothing to do with Montoya. It had to do with Alves. I wasn't even referring to his potential replacement.

That's not true. He is just barcaforum's favourite fall guy, along with Alexis and Cesc. He was prob. one of our best men vs Atletico, with 3 excellent crosses (one for Messi, one for Xavi and one for Neymar), more than I can say about 6 or 7 players on the night.

Let's just wait for the World Cup. My bet is that Alves will be one of the stand out players of that tournament.

BTW, Barca lost 5 games this season in the league. Montoya started in 3/5 of those losses. Alves started only in 2.

Here's Barcelona games where we lost important points this season (I consider the draw with Atletico a positive result):

1. Osasuna -- Montoya
2. Levante -- Montoya
3. Bilbao -- Montoya
4. Sociedad -- Montoya
5. Valladolid -- Alves
6. Granada -- Montoya
7. Valencia -- Alves

Out of 7 negative results, Montoya -- 5, Alves -- 2.

Last edited:
I

instinct

Villarreal identified fan who threw banana at Alves, withdrew membership for life. Could also be punished by anti-violence commission. [as]

raedkuwait

I totally agree with this 100% correct to me

Home of Barca Fans