Daniel Alves

abual3bed1

De Sciglio is a great player but not at 30m. He hasn't earned this price tag yet, although he can if given the proper chance and stayed healthy.

H

Haruko The Goon

Just seen what he did on Vine.

Legend,what a hero. Treat idiots like idiots and just laugh/mock them.

Too many weak hearted people roll over and cry, moan, bitch... Just wave at them, smile, eat the bananas lol

Balotelli kicked a ball at them, Eto'o wanted to run off the pitch. Weak mentally.

Alves is Hero, He did exactly what I've wanted players to do.

Somebody threw a bottle at Chesney last season, and he picked it up, opened it and drunk it, and then did a thumbs up. Proper tough people.

XaviMessiGirl

To be fair, if you've never been racially abused yourself you can't really be a judge of their reaction. We all think Dani is awesome for what he did, but we can't really call other people as weak for letting it get to them more. I could never imagine being around a culture of people who treat you as subhuman based on something you were born as. I mean, I was on the receiving end of a lot of bullying as a kid, but nothing even close to that bad.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
A reminder, of course (Beyond the obvious), that Spain, UEFA & FIFA are jokes for not properly addressing racism in the sport - pretending like something isn't a problem or that you're doing something about it is as bad, IMHO, as committing these acts

Leo10

A reminder, of course (Beyond the obvious), that Spain, UEFA & FIFA are jokes for not properly addressing racism in the sport - pretending like something isn't a problem or that you're doing something about it is as bad, IMHO, as committing these acts

Larger font size on the next "No to Racism" UEFA banners will solve the problem. :alves:

Gooch

Just FIY, Alves was not the first to eat the banana. There is at least one case I can remember - a few years ago an African player in Sweden picked up a banana and ate it.

Love beats hate anytime, and IMHO giving a 'racist' a hug is often better than getting the cops to pick him up and throw him out of the stadium.

Galning

Well if they tell you they can't do anything about freaking Nazi flags then you know you're fucked when it comes down to things like bananas.

ceefoo

Just FIY, Alves was not the first to eat the banana. There is at least one case I can remember - a few years ago an African player in Sweden picked up a banana and ate it.

Love beats hate anytime, and IMHO giving a 'racist' a hug is often better than getting the cops to pick him up and throw him out of the stadium.
Recently, former England International footballer Carlton Palmer gave a radio interview on TalkSport in which he proposed the best way of dealing with racism was to front up and face it head on and show them you are the bigger person.
He said he never took the racist abuse personally, from both fans AND opponents. He said he separated himself from what happens on a football pitch and even talked shaking hands with his tormenters at the end of the match and occasions when bananas were thrown at him, he would also pick them up and eat them. :tease:

L

linetty

I want him to stay
I dont.

Take a look at Villarreal's first goal (1:31) and ask yourself where was Alves?

Now look at the second one (2:16) and ask yourself: what was Alves doing?

How can any team fear Barcelona nowadays?

hulinat

I dont.

Take a look at Villarreal's first goal (1:31) and ask yourself where was Alves?

Now look at the second one (2:16) and ask yourself: what was Alves doing?

How can any team fear Barcelona nowadays?

That's because he is told to attack..

Home of Barca Fans