Daniel Alves

footyfan

Calma, calma
I wouldn't make it a habit. These people are hateful enough to start injecting the bananas with things.

Going under the assumption that the racists lack the brain cells to think of that.

Also, you should consider changing your signature.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Thread title is pure gold!

Regarding his performance, he was quite bad once again, but for some reason he always ends up contributing towards the win, so I'll give him a free pass tonight, especially after the banana thing...

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Banani Alves is trending worldwide under the hashtag #somostodosmacacos, which means we're all monkeys. People posting pics holding a banana.

Dude became even more famous now :lol::lol:

Ghost

I really want him to stay. Even if we got a new RB, he can stay as a back-up...but he probably won't be ok with that..

BerkeleyBernie

:worthy: Just a brilliant FU to those racist morons. Legend.

I also loved where him and Pedro made another FU moment later (88:29) where they passed it back and forth 9 times training ground style between them :lol: (prompting a FU yellow card foul from Trigueros).

I'm a relentless critic of Alves' awful crosses, but he played a good carpet game today (in part because Messi was moving and providing more options). Didn't even really notice his crossing today because he was linking up well most of the time.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Wasn't able to watch the 2nd half. How many crosses he did? I see he did pretty good this time with his crosses :pep:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Wasn't able to watch the 2nd half. How many crosses he did? I see he did pretty good this time with his crosses :pep:

15, all no-look I believe. Yet everyone but his doubters knew that Alves had a divine plan for his crosses all along. He just needed the banana to put it into action.

Pepe Silvia

Poor guy I love him so much for what he has done for the club but he is just terrible lately. The banana incident is inexcusable. Villarreal should be fined heavily with a formal apology in the press from its president.

Lomar1o

I want him to stay

i too want him to stay, i can't think of a current better RB. with fresh squad i'm sure alves will be even more motivated. people would argue that carvajal is better, lahm is better, but will they be coming to barca? no. so who's the best for barca? it's banani alves

I only want him out if we can get an improvement, and I can't think of anyone we can get who'd be an immediate improvement. We need to get someone who can replace him in the future though. Someone like De Sciglio. Let's face it, Alves is not anywhere near as good as he used to be, and he's not getting any younger. Maybe Montoya can replace him, but unfortunately the only time he looked like he could was the first half of last season. He has shown encouraging signs lately though.

Last edited:

hulinat

I only want him out if we can get an improvement, and I can't think of anyone we can get who'd be an immediate improvement. We need to get someone who can replace him in the future though. Someone like De Sciglio. Let's face it, he's not anywhere near as good as he used to be, and he's not getting any younger.

De Sciglio is overrated. 30M+ for him? Never. We signed Montoya on a 5 year contract for a reason.

Home of Barca Fans