Daniel Alves

Kerrybai

Dani Alves is played like a winger 60% of the time in Barcelona. That's a tactic and it comes with it's downfalls. What are you trying to suggest is that Dani does what he feels like without the manager's approval. That's nonsense. If he had done that, he would've been benched right away. Instead of blaming Alves for this, you should blame Tata Martino.

And for the highlighted part, no player can be in two places at once, if he's in the attack, he can't travel faster than the ball to get back to defence. And in the end, it's on the manager to decide if he wants to go for higher offensive power, or more defensive stability. To me it's clear that Martino views Alves as an offensive weapon first. It's not wrong, IF YOU HAVE A WORLD CLASS DEFENDER to cover for him. At the moment, we don't. That's why Alves should be played as a more conservative RB -- at least until we buy a reliable defender.

Spot on.

FiReFTW

But the problem is hes not even a good winger, he used to be good in attack which was a trade for his lack of skills in defence, but nowadays hes poor in attack aswell, he can't dribble, he can't cross, he's not as fast anymore.. he just isn't as good anymore.

I

instinct

BmVX8ZqIUAEQxQv.jpg

BarcaVillain

I thought that whole Evra thing was more of a culture shock thing, he called him negro which is acceptable where he's from but not anywhere else.

So is it acceptable in Holland? He'd been playing there for years, not like he'd just turned up in England from Uruguay. He should have known better.

DinhoR10

So is it acceptable in Holland? He'd been playing there for years, not like he'd just turned up in England from Uruguay. He should have known better.

Not saying that he should have been excused but he's not racist, I agree he should of known better but he's fine with black people to my knowledge.

F

forcabarca

Alves: "I wouldn't ban the fan [who threw the banana] from the stadium, I'd put his photo on internet for him to feel embarrassed." [rg]

Alves: "There's racism against foreigners in Spain. They sell themselves as first world country, but in some issues they are behind." [rg]

Sent from my Nexus 4

ceefoo

LOL at people acting like they are some kind of angel and have never made an offensive comment in their lives, and people that have are the spawn of Satan. :evil:

Suarez did the crime. He's served his time. Evra has forgiven him. Move on. :handshake:

Ghost

LOL at people acting like they are some kind of angel and have never made an offensive comment in their lives, and people that have are the spawn of Satan. :evil:

Suarez did the crime. He's served his time. Evra has forgiven him. Move on. :handshake:
I'm pretty sure I have never used a racial slur in my life. Thank you very much.

Home of Barca Fans