Daniel Alves

Bu3aLi

For some reason it seems like a terrible idea selling him, even though he had some terrible performances.

I still don't see anyone that could fit in or have a good connection ( on the field ) with leo the way he has ?

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Wake up man, Dani is only crossing because that's how our play gravitates. It's the tactics, not Dani.

Finally! How can people blame Alves when all he does is listen to the coach. If the coach told Dani to stay back and defend he would! Alves is still top 5, heck maybe even top 3 full backs in the world. Bring me one better right back than Dani. Except for Lahm.

L

linetty

Finally! How can people blame Alves when all he does is listen to the coach. If the coach told Dani to stay back and defend he would! Alves is still top 5, heck maybe even top 3 full backs in the world. Bring me one better right back than Dani. Except for Lahm.
Piszczek, Ivanovic

serghei

Nonsense.

What exactly is nonsense to you, THE FACT that the majority of our bad results in La Liga this season had Montoya as the starting RB? That we failed to even create chances in those games? Those are facts man. And yes, against parked buses the RB and LB are very important offensive weapons.

And by the way, who was the only player who did well against granada? Yes, montoya

Montoya was the only player who did well against Granada? Maybe you didn't see who was next to Brahimi when he scored the only goal of the game. Yea, let's just all blame Alves for everything that does not work in this team and praise Montoya for a rather mediocre performance -- if not a bad one.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Piszcek isn't better and ivanivic at Barca would be a disaster.
his technique is nowhere near good enough. In a "park the bus" team he is good, playing a high line with him?
Piszczek is not only better but also faster.

Alarcón

Yea, let's just all blame Alves for everything that does not work in this team and praise Montoya for a rather mediocre performance -- if not a bad one.

I'm sorry but saying Montoya had a bad performance against Granada is downright laughable and shows just how biased you are. At least try to be objective about the 2 players.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
What exactly is nonsense to you, THE FACT that the majority of our bad results in La Liga this season had Montoya as the starting RB? That we failed to even create chances in those games? Those are facts man. And yes, against parked buses the RB and LB are very important offensive weapons.

Montoya was the only player who did well against Granada? Maybe you didn't see who was next to Brahimi when he scored the only goal of the game. Yea, let's just all blame Alves for everything that does not work in this team and praise Montoya for a rather mediocre performance -- if not a bad one.
:lol: Montoya had nothing to do with that through-ball to Brahimi. It was entire defense's fault - not only Montoya's

ammarfcb

ze special one
4HrKTot.jpg

love how everyone taking a bite from the banana except cissokho...his already destroyed his before the picture is taken

serghei

:lol: Montoya had nothing to do with that through-ball to Brahimi. It was entire defense's fault - not only Montoya's

Montoya went after Brahimi, he was right next to him and could have made a sliding tackle to block the shot. If he was more experienced, he would have stopped him. Instead, he let him shoot freely. But, never mind, think what you want. The same goes for @Alarcon.

I'm sorry but saying Montoya had a bad performance against Granada is downright laughable and shows just how biased you are. At least try to be objective about the 2 players.

And I'm biased about who? Alves? I've already said I want him sold if we buy a top RB or we get at least 25m for him. Or about Montoya? Anyone who thinks Montoya's anything more than a decent option for Barcelona right now is delusional IMO.

A certain Dani Alves is the starting RB for Brazil. Is Montoya even in Spain's large squad for the WC (and mind you, Brazil looks stronger than Spain atm)? And if he isn't, why is that? The fact of the matter is that everyone knows Alves >> Montoya except a couple of Alves haters around here.

I'll say it again, Montoya had an average, mediocre performance against Granada. AT BEST.

Last edited:

Kjk21

Alves should be sold but it is not because he isn't good enough for the club anymore. He should be sold because this could be the club's last chance to get a decent amount of cash for him.

Ever since Abidal left, the defense lost balance. The club can buy as many world-class center backs as they want, and although it would certainly improve the current defense, they are still going to get exposed when we play both Alba and Alves at the same time. Under Guardiola, granted we didn't have the best defense in the world, but they also didn't get the credit they deserved either. I'm fairly certain Barca broke a few clean-sheet records under Guardiola and I think part of the reason for that is that the defense had more balance with Abidal. Abidal could handle himself offensively but he was twice the defender both Alba and Alves are now --- he was also a beast, which helped.
Obviously the club isn't going sell Alba since they just bought him, he's young and he's from La Masia so the logical course is to sell Alves and hopefuly replace him with a more defensive minded full back who can also offer something offensively (2 centerbacks are also needed of course). Ivanovic would be perfect fit IMO but no chance Chelsea (Mourinho) would sell to Barca.

F

Flavia

Obviously the club isn't going sell Alba since they just bought him, he's young and he's from La Masia so the logical course is to sell Alves and hopefuly replace him with a more defensive minded full back who can also offer something offensively (2 centerbacks are also needed of course). Ivanovic would be perfect fit IMO but no chance Chelsea (Mourinho) would sell to Barca.

There aren't many defensive minded rb in the market. And Alves rumored replacements are cuadrado and zuñiga. Neither is an improvement over Alves.

Home of Barca Fans