Daniel Alves

Ursegor

World Champion
Cuadrado would be a big improvement offensively on Alves. Guy is a beast. He is just not a defender. But then again Alves doesn't defend either anymore. He just presses (fouls people and makes silly faces afterwards) from the front. Cuadrado could pretty much do the same. Anyway: #RIPPique

F

Flavia

Cuadrado would be a big improvement offensively on Alves. Guy is a beast. He is just not a defender. But then again Alves doesn't defend either anymore. He just presses (fouls people and makes silly faces afterwards) from the front. Cuadrado could pretty much do the same. Anyway: #RIPPique

Alves know how to defend, he just needs a coach to make him do it.

Ursegor

World Champion
I know he could defend when he wanted but I believe he can't do it anymore due to physical (or mental) decline and not because of the coach. His stamina and speed have decreased. Even offensively he doesn't make overlapping runs anymore to send in low crosses like Alba. He makes long crosses from half field positions. Does the coach tell Alba to overlap and make low and Alves to make high crosses then? Don't think so.

Anyway, I remember the same discussions existed under Tito. "He can defend, coaching instructions, <insert video against C. Ronaldo in 2011 Supercopa> etc. etc. etc." Nothing new.

e28makaveli

Alves know how to defend, he just needs a coach to make him do it.
+5.

I know he could defend when he wanted but I believe he can't do it anymore due to physical (or mental) decline and not because of the coach. His stamina and speed have decreased. Even offensively he doesn't make overlapping runs anymore to send in low crosses like Alba. He makes long crosses from half field positions. Does the coach tell Alba to overlap and make low and Alves to make high crosses then? Don't think so.

Anyway, I remember the same discussions existed under Tito. "He can defend, coaching instructions, <insert video against C. Ronaldo in 2011 Supercopa> etc. etc. etc." Nothing new.

Similar argument can be made on a most of the players recently. It is not Alves alone. The whole team has been horrible. So, it must do with tactics. And since Dani's crosses have never been always accurate, this is becoming more of a problem because he is doing more.

Quality is permanent and form is not. For me, Dani is quality I am not willing to let go at this time. I see no other better option to replace him with.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
+5.

Similar argument can be made on a most of the players recently. It is not Alves alone. The whole team has been horrible. So, it must do with tactics. And since Dani's crosses have never been always accurate, this is becoming more of a problem because he is doing more.

Quality is permanent and form is not. For me, Dani is quality I am not willing to let go at this time. I see no other better option to replace him with.
Thats the problem Alves is in bad form but he is declining in quality as well

Alarcón

He might be the most overrated right back in the world right now. He is never in defense, not even when he only has to walk back, and yet people claim it's "his role in the team". So his role is to stay in attack even when we're 1 goal up 2 minutes before the game is finished? Who is he, Messi?

DinhoR10

He costs us everytime teams ALWAYS break on his wing, ALWAYS. Teams never get free rein on Alba's wing which is why Bale could do nothing against us till the copa del rey when he was on Alves's side.

FC B

I liked Babani offensively, he was active and deliverd less crosses than usual :p

Not that bad overall but still weak in defense.

Home of Barca Fans