Daniel Alves

Zangash

Banned
Unless Lucho is planning a 3 man defense, replacing Cuardado with Dani would be a costly disaster.

From what I hear he plans on using a 3 man defense in bigger games. I'd imagine in other, smaller games he'd use Cuadrado as backup for one of our god-squad forwards.

Either way, it's hard to see how Pedro would fit into any of this and I question why he's being kept this season.

Butaan4barca

when they say three man defense, i assume it will be pique, bartra, mathiew, or pique and mathiew with macherano taking the the db, dm hybrid role as we saw him excelling in the world cup.

Now with that defense i assume, alba and cuardro offensive capabilities will be vital in opening up defenses. Now i assume that is why there is so much cuadrado obsession. Rightly so.

Mancherano can own that new role, and we will see him owning that role, and having a great impact on this team in the coming season. Busquets will find a helping hand and will be playing a little more up the pitch. Dictating the passing and architecture the attacking movements. Now this will mean attack will starts from amost the half line and will be far more quicker and theoretically effective with the surprise element in it.
Rakitic has a tremendous long range accurate passes, so does rafinha, and messi.

So the way i am assuming its going to be quicker, mix of slow build-up and quicker breaks, long passes, short passess and greater movements, penetrating runs, offside traps and long range shoots, all mixed up pretty well.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Weggelaar (agency Alves): "Inter rumour? Should ask them. Great club, but we didn't have contact with them. We'll see in the next days" [cm]

Egert

Estonian Culé
Xavi: "Alves? He's one of the best right backs in the world, if not the best. We'll see what the club decides." #fcblive
:rofl1:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Xavi: "Alves? He's one of the best right backs in the world, if not the best. We'll see what the club decides." #fcblive

well its not like he could have said "I think Alves is over the moon, I hate how he constantly loses possession by playing stupid crosses to midget strikers"

xavi_the_Boss

well its not like he could have said "I think Alves is over the moon, I hate how he constantly loses possession by playing stupid crosses to midget strikers"

That wasn´t Alves fault.It was clearly instructed by Tata.
Get the ball to xavi who passes out wide to Dani who crosses to the middle to Messi, neymar or nobody at all.Worked wonders against Villarreal.

CatalinR10

tumblr_m3q23nEcNv1qmbe27o1_500.gif

Jägermeister

Actually I think you are to harsh. Alves crossing was not because he just felt like it last season, but he was obviously instucted to do that.
Also he has very good technique. Probably Xavi judges him mostly because Alves is able to play Tiki Taka like our midfielders. When you watch scenes form Pep's and also Tito's time, you'll often see Alves doing an incredible job at doing one-two's with Messi & co.
If he gets a coach who can make him more disciplined, then I think he ist still a top rightback.

serghei

Actually I think you are to harsh. Alves crossing was not because he just felt like it last season, but he was obviously instucted to do that.
Also he has very good technique. Probably Xavi judges him mostly because Alves is able to play Tiki Taka like our midfielders. When you watch scenes form Pep's and also Tito's time, you'll often see Alves doing an incredible job at doing one-two's with Messi & co.
If he gets a coach who can make him more disciplined, then I think he ist still a top rightback.

Good comment. Everybody laughs, but Alves is the best offensive-minded fullback we have by far. BY FAR.

Home of Barca Fans