Daniel Alves

Tomchin

Barcelona right back Dani Alves (31) is considering to stay for another season. He so far didn't get interesting offers. [marca]
If we sign Cuadrado, Dani will be forced to move though, can't see him accept a bench-role, his ego is too high for that.

L

linetty

I can see him pulling a pain in the ass to stay just because of money. Not many clubs can afford his wages and he definitely will not accept a pay cut.

Antimadridista1

Problem with Dani is that he'll definitely be our starter because Montoya is shit. Even more than him.

Next summer he'll leave and if we can't buy a player to replace him because of the transfer ban, we'll be screwed. The board need to take that in consideration.
That's the reason why, we should definitely buy a replacement this summer.

Bertus

I can see him pulling a pain in the ass to stay just because of money. Not many clubs can afford his wages and he definitely will not accept a pay cut.

He has no reason to accept a paycut. He has a contract.

What can happen if Barcelona tries to end his contract without his agreement? Barcelona has to pay him the entire salary he would have earned this season? I know it works like that here but I have no clue how it is in Spain.

Tomchin

He has no reason to accept a paycut. He has a contract.

What can happen if Barcelona tries to end his contract without his agreement? Barcelona has to pay him the entire salary he would have earned this season? I know it works like that here but I have no clue how it is in Spain.
Yeah, but that will never happen, wouldn't make sense for Barca to do that. In that case, Barca would just keep him in the squad, but not necessarily count on him to be a regular.

Egert

Estonian Culé
It's not yet clear if Alves and Luis Enrique already met, but the player would have decided to stay. The club will respect his decision [md]

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I hope Dani stays.
We need him because there is no other RB available that would be a possible transfer. Considering quality, age and price.

Getting Caudrado would be stupid. Waste a talented attacker at RB who costs at least 40 mil.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Problem with Dani is that he'll definitely be our starter because Montoya is shit. Even more than him.

Next summer he'll leave and if we can't buy a player to replace him because of the transfer ban, we'll be screwed. The board need to take that in consideration.
That's the reason why, we should definitely buy a replacement this summer.

I am with you on this one. We can't be sure that we won't have transfer ban next season so better buy a replacement now.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Luis Enrique: "Alves? He's a player from our squad, and a good one too. I'm delighted he's at Barça. We didn't talk about his future."

serghei

Problem with Dani is that he'll definitely be our starter because Montoya is shit.

He's not shit, it's just that he won't evolve into a marquee player for us. What you see is what you get with him, the chances of being surprised by a player like Montoya are slim to none. He is just not that kind of player. He won't scare any opponent when going forward. Ever.

For who wants a player that takes few risks, defends in a decent manner and shows up in offence every once in a while, I reckon he's pretty good.

Tomchin

Luis Enrique: "Alves? He's a player from our squad, and a good one too. I'm delighted he's at Barça. We didn't talk about his future."
As long as Cuadrado is not in an advanced stage, I doubt they'll discuss Alves future.

Btw, does there exist a twitter-account where you can follow Lucho's full press-conferences (in Spanish or in Catalan)?

F

Flavia

As long as Cuadrado is not in an advanced stage, I doubt they'll discuss Alves future.

Btw, does there exist a twitter-account where you can follow Lucho's full press-conferences (in Spanish or in Catalan)?

Sport and MD always have the full press conferences in their sites. You could follow them.

F

Flavia

The entourage of Dani Alves (31) has confirmed that the right back has definitely decided to stay at Barcelona this season. [cope]

:alveshat:

Tomchin

22 - Daniel Alves

Disappointing that he stays. We need a revolution like in 2008, and Alves shouldnt be part of that.

If only he wouldnt have sucked that much during the wc, then he d already be a psg player by now :(

Btw, is it correct that his contract will automatically be extended for 1 year when he plays a certain amount of games in 2014/2015? Meh

Home of Barca Fans