Daniel Alves

Juan03

i hope he steps up his game for the rest of the season, he is essential to our game when he is on form

B

barcelonita81

His weakness in defense, positioning have always scared me...and they were abused yesterday. Watching his crosses reminds me of Roberto Carlos when he took free kicks. Sometimes is perfect, sometimes it's laughable, sometimes it's laughably perfect like when he means to pass and he scores or vice versa. I think it's the shoes, he's wearing 2 sizes too big or something...something doesn't seem right there. All in all he's dangerous, but not consistent and a often a liability in defense due to his positioning. Shape up son. Concentrate. Position - learn it.

hemakesmemessi

a couple of bad games and u throw the guy out?
how old are you?

No, not just a couple of bad games. I have never rated dani aleves as a player, especially not a player good enough to play for the best team in the world, week in, week out. Deffensivly he has always been poor; attacking, his crossing is extremly inconsistant as alot of others here have pointed out. He has a fnatastic engine, but that only means he can be our worst player up and down the pitch. For the record i hate fans that get on players' backs after a couple of games, they need support not harrasment, but dani aleves has never won me over.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
No, not just a couple of bad games. I have never rated dani aleves as a player, especially not a player good enough to play for the best team in the world, week in, week out. Deffensivly he has always been poor; attacking, his crossing is extremly inconsistant as alot of others here have pointed out. He has a fnatastic engine, but that only means he can be our worst player up and down the pitch. For the record i hate fans that get on players' backs after a couple of games, they need support not harrasment, but dani aleves has never won me over.

Wow...just Wow...

iced1776

Alves had a shocker yesterday and his crossing has been much more erratic than last season, but to undermine his accomplishments and contributions to our team is absurd. One of our worst players??? He links up with Messi better than most of our midfielders do, and defensively he's improved greatly. Sure he gets caught out occasionally, but what attacking fullback doesn't?

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Great player but lately he is having very bad games and he costs us points. Not to forget his stupid whining and dives

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Alves has always been ridiculous away from home... his good away performances can probably be counted on fingers seriously

Hopefully he wouldn't have the added pressure of out performing Maicon in the return leg and could provide his usual assistance to he Messiah

Pepe Silvia

Alves has always been ridiculous away from home... his good away performances can probably be counted on fingers seriously

Hopefully he wouldn't have the added pressure of out performing Maicon in the return leg and could provide his usual assistance to he Messiah
Ouch man. Harsh. I think you are being a little hard on him. Sure he's had some tough matches and his crosses have been bad but dang. He's Dani Alves I didn't think there would be a time when I'd have to think back on his billions of world-class performances and make mention of them. Yes, even away.

B

barcelonita81

Dualy noted Alves has been a positive factor on many occassions...which is why he is a starter and has been given the vote of confidence 9/10 times. My issue is when we dont have the ideal pairings of Pique n Puyol, or Xavi and Iniesta his missteps and lack of concentration are amplified by a much larger degree. It just bugs me that its hard for him to change his game and tactics according to the situation and so many are counted on to fill in the gaps. At this stage in the game, and this degree of importance; the weight of his absence, mistakes and lack of attention is a weight that no one it fit to bear. I just really hope he adjusts his game more to the tactics and necessity of the team.

dalitis8

Banned
He will be seriously pissed after that freaking Inter game...I hope he puts his energy to good use and not overreact or do anything stupid and get a red card..

barca96

change your boots..
he needs to wear the boots that iniesta wears...
it would help him with crossing and passing(according to Nike) :p

V

Valon

We need a 'Maxwell' of RB. Look how beastly Abidal turned since we bought Maxwell because he knows if he slacks off he'll be dropped. So Alves needs a backup who'll remind him that if he slacks up he'll start kissing the bench more.

Home of Barca Fans