Daniel Alves

samg85

I'm only hesitant because he played so well last season...why couldn't everyone just go back to their last season form :(

The only people who I truly believe improved their form this season is: Messi, Pique, Abidal, Pedro, Busquest(somewhat). There rest either stayed the same, or got worse.

barca96

i wouldnt let alves go at any price!
no need to look far, just look at a few months ago when he was injured.
look how much we missed him.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
i wouldnt let alves go at any price!
no need to look far, just look at a few months ago when he was injured.
look how much we missed him.

lol, that's funny... we did miss him, but that's just because we didn't have any other player for that position!! One has to remember Puyol had to play out of position, it's not his natural one any more

barca96

lol, that's funny... we did miss him, but that's just because we didn't have any other player for that position!! One has to remember Puyol had to play out of position, it's not his natural one any more

there is no one who could slot in and play like they were playing with the same team for years.
and the only other rb that would be so offensive and dangerous is maicon.

maxan10

SirTugAlot
He probably conceded that Maicon is definitely first choice now with the exchanged shirts at the end, but i'm sure he will play a role in the WC maybe further forward after all he is quite versatile, but I doubt Brazil need him for anywhere else beside RB with the squad they have.

barca96

He probably conceded that Maicon is definitely first choice now with the exchanged shirts at the end, but i'm sure he will play a role in the WC maybe further forward after all he is quite versatile, but I doubt Brazil need him for anywhere else beside RB with the squad they have.

he did play in selecao even when maicon's playing.
but alves' role was futher up the pitch.

but i think im the only one who wouldnt complain that he wont get much time..
its good for us as he wont be too tired when he gets back from WC.
i felt the same way when sweden didnt make the cut.
club comes first to me!!

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Can he play on the left? Brazil doesn't have many quality left backs as far as I know, especially since Felipe Luis isn't gonna be available for the WC...or is he? probably not

Hellsangel

Can he play on the left? Brazil doesn't have many quality left backs as far as I know, especially since Felipe Luis isn't gonna be available for the WC...or is he? probably not

I thought Michel Bastos was playing left back for Brazil recently?

Anyway, I sincerely hope Dani stays. In form he's such a great asset to our team. Dani Alves is more often than not the receiver of Xavi's very best passes.

maxan10

SirTugAlot
he did play in selecao even when maicon's playing.
but alves' role was futher up the pitch.

but i think im the only one who wouldnt complain that he wont get much time..
its good for us as he wont be too tired when he gets back from WC.
i felt the same way when sweden didnt make the cut.
club comes first to me!!

As long as the RB spot is pretty much sorted, playing in a more advanced role is his only option at this stage, it pretty much depends on how Dunga will approach tactics dependent on the difficulty of each game. He could be considered for left back, even with Bastos, Aurelio and Marcelo in contention.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Thought he had another good game tonight. He seems to have gotten over his dreadful run of form recently. Up and down with some very clever play. Was creative throughout. Glad we have the real Dani back again :beer2:

barca96

Is he the player that suffers most from Messi being moved into the center?
i think so too!! cos now he is all alone on the right most of the times.
good to see them playing 1-2's again just now

Thought he had another good game tonight. He seems to have gotten over his dreadful run of form recently. Up and down with some very clever play. Was creative throughout. Glad we have the real Dani back again :beer2:

ive never thought that he had a lost of form.
just that his crosses were poor and his marking during the inter away leg

Home of Barca Fans