4emu6e5y.jpg

ebezuseh.jpg

y3e8esa4.jpg

:alveshat:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Zangash

Banned
+1.
Best right back we can have at the moment.

If he doesn't start defending I'd rather we just us a 3 in the back formation and use more midfielders. He's crap as an attacker and doesn't defend. We should be able to find a way not to need him, even if we just use Bartra or some other CB as a RB.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
If he doesn't start defending I'd rather we just us a 3 in the back formation and use more midfielders. He's crap as an attacker and doesn't defend. We should be able to find a way not to need him, even if we just use Bartra or some other CB as a RB.

Please stop.

Gallivanter

This is why Montoya started the most important games last season, didn't he ?

Which is really irrelevant, isn't it? Coaches can make mistakes. See VDB and Iker in Brasil.

Having said that, I believe Dani is clearly more talented, but he has lost some, (much?), of what made him so special. I personally think going with a back four of Montoya, Pique, Mathieu, would give them a good balance, more than when Dani plays.

Antimadridista1

Which is really irrelevant, isn't it? Coaches can make mistakes. See VDB and Iker in Brasil.

Having said that, I believe Dani is clearly more talented, but he has lost some, (much?), of what made him so special. I personally think going with a back four of Montoya, Pique, Mathieu, would give them a good balance, more than when Dani plays.

There's a difference between making a mistake during a few games (WC) and the entire season (50/60 games). If Dani starts, there's a reason. And this reason, Tata saw it every day in training and we saw it every time Montoya played.

Ps: As far as I know, Iker didn't play all the matches ; De Gea and Pepe Reina also played the last matches if I'm right.

He's not ready yet, this is clear in my opinion.
No one in this forum and among Barca fans said "This is a scandal, Dani should be benched and Montoya should start because the latter is better".

Concerning what you said in the end, we can't judge because Montoya didn't prove that he's better than Dani at the moment . We'll be able to do so when both of them will play this season.

serghei

There's a difference between making a mistake during a few games (WC) and the entire season (50/60 games). If Dani starts, there's a reason. And this reason, Tata saw it every day in training and we saw it every time Montoya played.

Ps: As far as I know, Iker didn't play all the matches ; De Gea and Pepe Reina also played the last matches if I'm right.

No one in this forum and among Barca fans said "This is a scandal, Dani should be benched and Montoya should start because the latter is better".

Concerning what you said in the end, we can't judge because Montoya didn't prove that he's better than Dani at the moment . We'll be able to do so when both of them will play this season.

Well said.

Gallivanter

Fair enough.

Still, I think my larger point stands. For many reasons, coaches can be "blind" to realities, often due to stress, pressure, or fear. It certainly wouldn't have been the first time coach stuck with a "proven" player too long because it was the easier choice, if that is what happened with Alves and Martino. I just don't think we can assume that Dani played better in practice than Montoya and that is why he started. We all know politics and personal thoughts play a role in the choices coaches make.

I also want to point out that I really like Dani, and I am saddened by how the squad from the greatest era is being chipped away at piece by piece. I know change is necessary, and may be a good thing, but it is hard to watch while it happens. At least for me.

Alarcón

Not this reasoning again... Just like Tito saw in training that Song and Adriano were better centre backs than Bartra (after seeing in training that we "don't need a centre back because we have Bartra") and Pedro and Alexis were better than Villa ffs... Football knowledge by a clueless coach from Argentina who wanted to throw the towel in February shouldn't be any sort of indication, about anything

serghei

Not this reasoning again... Just like Tito saw in training that Song and Adriano were better centre backs than Bartra (after seeing in training that we "don't need a centre back because we have Bartra") and Pedro and Alexis were better than Villa ffs... Football knowledge by a clueless coach from Argentina who wanted to throw the towel in February shouldn't be any sort of indication, about anything

And what is your point actually, that current Montoya is better than current Alves? Why, because he's younger? Montoya has to work to earn his place. The fact that Alves played over him under every coach shouldn't be a surprise.

Home of Barca Fans