Daniel Alves

CuleLife4Life

Me thinks Montoya has pissed a higher up off and thats why he isn't allowed to play. Only logical reason for Avenida Alves to still be a starter on FC Barcelona.

Truthist

There was a contender for the worse cross of the season in the first half when 3 or 4 players were waiting in the middle and he like kicked it into row z.

There's a lack of accountability for his performances, pretty unforgivable by Lucho to be honest. He's clearly not playing on merit.

Ritchie

He's a joke. If he left a year or two ago he'd go down as one of our all time best full backs and a key part of our greatest ever team. Instead he'll be just as remembered for these embarrassing performances every week.

The guy has lost it and should not be at the club. Should have been granted a free transfer in the summer with a replacement lined up. Even without a replacement i'd rather rely on Montoya and Adriano than have to watch that every week.

abual3bed1

He's turning into our own Glen Johnson. You know the quality is still there somewhere but he's so frustrating to watch.

serghei

Seems serghei has gone into hiding :lol:

I didn't. Best RB we have. The other two are an unknown brazilian who goes by the name of Douglas and a player who doesn't even make the squad. Grow up. We're stuck with Alves until we buy someone better.

He played bad tonight, but even so, he should've had an assist.

Last edited:

Frodo_FCB

This guy is so bad...When i say he cant get any worse, then comes the next game and he proves me wrong. He was shit both offensively and defensively, seriously when he is on the pitch is like we play with 10 players.
The worst thing is that he looks uninterested, he knows the RB situation and that he cant lose his starting spot. Lucho rotates the CBs and the midfield in every game, why cant he do the same thing with the RB.

Zangash

Banned
I didn't. Best RB we have.

That's not true and hasn't even been tested. He's the only RB on the squad with more than 90 minutes on the season and he's been so incredibly poor this entire season that the only way you can claim he's better is by skipping back two or more seasons, and obviously he isn't on the same level now as he was then.

The other two are an unknown brazilian who goes by the name of Douglas

I'd rather give the unknown Brazilian a chance and hope he may surprise us than shove Alves out there knowing how shit he'll be.

and a player who doesn't even make the squad.

And who's fault is that? Montoya is clearly better than Alves. He isn't anything even remotely special but even if he manages to vanish completely when we have the ball he'd still be doing more good for the team than Alves.

Grow up. We're stuck with Alves until we buy someone better.

No, actually. We're stuck with Alves until the end of the season. At that time he will finally leave, and we will be stuck with *only* that unproven Brazilian you spoke of earlier, because the player that can't make the match squad has decided to leave due not receiving any playtime whatsoever.

He played bad tonight, but even so, he should've had an assist.

He plays bad every game, though. I think he's had one even decent performance this season overall. And Suarez played like shit as well even though he should have had a goal. That doesn't lighten up either of their sloppy performances.

serghei

@Zangash, the only reason Montoya doesn't play is that he's A) not good enough, or B) not serious in trainings. It's A, B or A+B. That's it. Lucho can be faulted for many things, but not giving young players a chance is not one of them.

Neeraj

This guy is so bad...When i say he cant get any worse, then comes the next game and he proves me wrong. He was shit both offensively and defensively, seriously when he is on the pitch is like we play with 10 players.
The worst thing is that he looks uninterested, he knows the RB situation and that he cant lose his starting spot. Lucho rotates the CBs and the midfield in every game, why cant he do the same thing with the RB.

Not true. We would be far better with 10 men. Every player would work extra hard, and there wouldn't be an Alves there to fuck absolutely everything up in offence, and someone else would try to cover his flank because they are down to 10 men, which would otherwise go exploited because he wouldn't defend when he's there anyway. Having a false notion that somebody competent is there is much worse than having the void that an Alves-less right flank would leave, and hence i believe we would be better with 10 men than with this guy.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
@Zangash, the only reason Montoya doesn't play is that he's A) not good enough, or B) not serious in trainings. It's A, B or A+B. That's it. Lucho can be faulted for many things, but not giving young players a chance is not one of them.

You have no way of knowing this. None whatsoever. The argument that he's not good enough was used towards Bartra when he was benched for Song and Adriano and, as it turned out, he's better than both of them at CB (Go figure). The argument that he doesn't train hard enough somehow implies getting to play is nothing more than a reward that is handed out for good behavior, which indeed would be just another check on the list of assurances Lucho gave us at the start of the season that aren't actually happening, with this one being playing players based on form.

There is nothing you can say that could possibly justify using Alves as our only RB for the entire fucking season. Even IF Montoya was about as talented as a kindergartner trying to kick around with seniors and Douglas was even worse, we could still play Bartra at RB, or Adriano, or even go to a 3 man back line and omit the RB position entirely.

Home of Barca Fans