Daniel Alves

serghei

^You rate Montoya way too high. I seriously think only some Barca fans rate him that highly. As I said, if you go on some other football forum and you ask somebody something about Montoya, the likely answer you'll get is "who?". He just isn't the player to break into your first 11. Sure, replace Alves, but at least replace him with a good player. Not with a mediocre one that, on top of everything, lacks experience and is completely invisible in offence.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
^You rate Montoya way too high. I seriously think only some Barca fans rate him that highly. As I said, if you go on some other football forum and you ask somebody something about Montoya, the likely answer you'll get is "who?". He just isn't the player to break into your first 11. Sure, replace Alves, but at least replace him with a good player. Not with a mediocre one that, on top of everything, lacks experience and is completely invisible in offence.

Because it's not like you rate this Alves highly either.

Maybe they don't know him because he never plays? Who knew Carvajal before he became a regular at RM? I'm sure only BuLI fans, but only because he played there.

Montoya, Adriano and Douglas are all we have and when Alves is not performing, he is not meriting a place in the starting XI and it's time to give someone else an extended chance.

Mediocre is what Alves is right now. Lack of experience is because Montoya never plays.

Invisible in offence is also what Alves is right now, unless you count his crosses, but oh wait! Weren't you the one who not so long ago said that his crosses are actually somewhat useful? Must be the only one on this planet to say so I guess

Hehe.

Montoya is not a demi-god, but he or heck even Adriano should have replaced Alves in the Starting XI when this Dani Alves is not performing.

serghei

^Maybe you should start embracing the idea that Montoya doesn't play because he doesn't deserve to. Rafinha plays, Bartra plays, Roberto played too, Munir also, so did Sandro. But not Montoya. Why? Because of Lucho? No.

Neymessi

The thing is that the way alves is performing,someone worse than montoya can do better.If not montoya than I really want adriano to start every match at RB instead of alves.

Neymessi

^Maybe you should start embracing the idea that Montoya doesn't play because he doesn't deserve to. Rafinha plays, Bartra plays, Roberto played too, Munir also, so did Sandro. But not Montoya. Why? Because of Lucho? No.

So you are saying lucho is right on playing alves ahead of montoya?Lucho knows nothing.And all those players playing means nothing.That just shows enrique is a fool to give everyone a chance but most of the times not even including montoya in the squad.

serghei

The thing is that the way alves is performing,someone worse than montoya can do better.If not montoya than I really want adriano to start every match at RB instead of alves.

I think you're exaggerating. Even for the Busquets goal, Alves made a very good pass to Messi. People take only the negatives with Alves, and true, there were a lot of those, but he did good things also. Our best chances to score came from the right last night, including the wrongly dissallowed goal. Alves, as bad as he may look sometimes still brings something to our attacking play a good pass in the final 3rd, an assist or something. Montoya doesn't. That's the reason he plays.

Last edited:

Neymessi

I think you're exaggerating. Even for the Busquets goal, Alves made a very good pass to Messi. People take only the negatives with Alves, and true, there were a lot of those, but he did good things also. Our best chances to score came from the right last night, including the wrongly dissallowed goal. Alves, as bad as he may look sometimes still brings something to our attacking play a good pass in the final 3rd, an assist or something. Montoya doesn't. That's the reason he plays.

The amount of time he spends in offense,he is bound to something as little as a pass to messi AFTER which messi created a chance.He would be having a 1% success rate in offense.And that 1% of the time,he is giving a pass to messi who then creates a chance.Even his crosses are sometimes accurate.Doesn't mean anything.And don't get me started on his defensive contributions.Who knows,if we play montoya regularly he may do better in offense than what alves has done.I am not saying montoya is better.But montoya is young and alves is getting worse each passing day.Lucho has been rotating like crazy but still plays alves every match.

Last edited:

Stric

I'm starting to think maybe Alves has photos of someone from the board wearing lady's lingerie and a gag-ball or something, so there's an order from above to give him anything he wants to keep him quiet. :lol:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
So being the last player to pass the ball to Messi is now considered a substantial attacking contribution?

It's not that Montoya is being over rated, it's that Alves is so poor that it's hard to believe someone else couldn't do a better job...

khaled_a_d

I know many fans of other teams who rate him highly.remember that the depth&quality of that position of that position is slim

Zangash

Banned

What does Montoya have to do with Alves being utter crap? Like, if we don't play Montoya, we can easily play Adriano, who is actually better anyways.

Chong Li

If one of the alternatives (Montoya or Douglas) were any good and would shine in training, Dani wouln't start every game. The problem is they both suck even more than Alves.

We have a huge black hole in our squad at RB, and that is entirely on dumbass Zubi.

Neymessi

If one of the alternatives (Montoya or Douglas) were any good and would shine in training, Dani wouln't start every game. The problem is they both suck even more than Alves.

We have a huge black hole in our squad at RB, and that is entirely on dumbass Zubi.

You are wrong.Alves plays every match while most players get rotated is because lucho is an idiot.Adriano is easily better than him and he should be played at his position.Adriano is better than alves is currently,I am sure about that.There is a hole at RB but montoya should be given minutes to prove himself and if not,then adriano should start.

Home of Barca Fans