Daniel Alves

Zangash

Banned
If one of the alternatives (Montoya or Douglas) were any good and would shine in training, Dani wouln't start every game. The problem is they both suck even more than Alves.

We have a huge black hole in our squad at RB, and that is entirely on dumbass Zubi.

The alternatives are Adriano, Montoya, and Douglas.

Douglas shouldn't even be playing top flight European football, so I'll give you that, but Adriano and Montoya haven't received more than 90 minutes apiece as RB so there is seriously no way you can claim they're worse than Alves. Dani boy has been so incredibly dreadful that it's not like giving one of our alternatives a chance to do better would hurt is the way playing an alternative in any other position would.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
If one of the alternatives (Montoya or Douglas) were any good and would shine in training, Dani wouln't start every game. The problem is they both suck even more than Alves.

We have a huge black hole in our squad at RB, and that is entirely on dumbass Zubi.

Yup their huge 90 mins in the season sure proved that

Chong Li

The alternatives are Adriano, Montoya, and Douglas.

Douglas shouldn't even be playing top flight European football, so I'll give you that, but Adriano and Montoya haven't received more than 90 minutes apiece as RB so there is seriously no way you can claim they're worse than Alves. Dani boy has been so incredibly dreadful that it's not like giving one of our alternatives a chance to do better would hurt is the way playing an alternative in any other position would.

Yes I forgot about Adriano, but he is a LB or not?

And sorry, Montoya is way too weak on offense to play in our "system".

I agree with everything you say about Alves, he's getting worse every time I watc him, but I still believe that sadly he's our "best" option right now.

We really should have bought Cuadrado, but were too cheap and settled for Douglas. :(

L

linetty

Who the fuck would want to make a match compilation of Alves!?

Players like him should move to China or wherever way earlier before they ruin their reputation...

F

Flavia

It's sad to see a player declining this badly. Even more one who was so important for our best years.
The blame is also on the board. They didn't get a suitable replacement for him. He could even be around, if he accepted not being a starter.
It wasn't because of Montoya zubi and co didn't get another rb, as they got douglas last window. douglas... :facepalm:
The only positions properly reinforced was the attack, and the gk's.
Sigh.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Dani Alves was so good, especially in 2010/2011 where he essentially played 3 positions at once. he completely dominated the right flank of the pitch, but he well and surely past his best

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's sad to see a player declining this badly. Even more one who was so important for our best years.
The blame is also on the board. They didn't get a suitable replacement for him. He could even be around, if he accepted not being a starter.
It wasn't because of Montoya zubi and co didn't get another rb, as they got douglas last window. douglas... :facepalm:
The only positions properly reinforced was the attack, and the gk's.
Sigh.

Sad indeed and that's what makes it worse. Remembering how great he was and what he is now.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Only 2 minutes ? Crossless edition :alveshat:
First I thought it was a funny video with all his crosses or parody , but it seems he/she who made the video compiled everything he did "well" and made a vid of 2 min. Probably because thats all he did.

And thats why you sell someone at the right time.

Last edited:

Morten

And sorry, Montoya is way too weak on offense to play in our "system". (

Why? In your glory days you had alves going forward and abidal on the other side. Abidal wasnt great at going forward, but rock solid in defence. You have alba blasting forward, so if montoya can become good defensively, you might not need something else, for now. It also means Rakitic/Suarez wont need to babysit the rb, so they are freed up.

B

beautifulgame

Why? In your glory days you had alves going forward and abidal on the other side. Abidal wasnt great at going forward, but rock solid in defence. You have alba blasting forward, so if montoya can become good defensively, you might not need something else, for now. It also means Rakitic/Suarez wont need to babysit the rb, so they are freed up.

But Montoya can't stop the bus

JamDav1982

It worked with Alves and Abidal because Alves was more or less a winger and Abidal was more or less a CB/LB.

To be a fullback at Barca you need to be either a very strong attacking full back to the point of being a winger or be one that can cover at CB when required.

Montoya in reality doesnt seem to be either. He just seems to be a fairly decent defender and fairly decent going forward.

Zangash

Banned
Yes I forgot about Adriano, but he is a LB or not?

He's an everything.

And sorry, Montoya is way too weak on offense to play in our "system".

I'd rather have someone offensively weak than someone who ruins every single attacking play that goes through him. Being weak is better than being a liability.

I agree with everything you say about Alves, he's getting worse every time I watc him, but I still believe that sadly he's our "best" option right now.

No the fuck he isn't. Patric is better at this point.

We really should have bought Cuadrado, but were too cheap and settled for Douglas. :(

We didn't "Settle" for Douglas. That's just the board being shady. I'd be surprised to see him still around at the beginning of next season.

JamDav1982

If they could teach Adama to defend he would be the perfect wide player in this Barca system.

Thats what it is under Lucho it is a winger who gets back to defend more than an defender who attacks.

Home of Barca Fans