Daniel Alves

M

Messi4life

:fool:

X3T6SRN.png

serghei

:lol:

No one is denying that.He is just worse than what he could possibly be right now.He should have retired early or switched clubs if he wants us to remember more of his prime than what he is now.

He is not worse than Douglas or Montoya, which is exactly what matters. Sure, he is worse now than other good RBs in Europe, I agree, but, since we didn't sign one of those good RBs, of course he plays. Who could replace him? Montoya or Douglas? :lol: Allow me to have a laugh. Once we sign a good RB, Alves can take the bench and stay there for all I care. Or leave.

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
He is not worse than Douglas or Montoya, which is exactly what matters.

I agree about Douglas but what are you basing your point on for Montoya his whole of 90 mins this season or him playing from the stands the whole season?

Neymessi

He is not worse than Douglas or Montoya, which is exactly what matters. Sure, he is worse now than other good RBs in Europe, I agree, but, since we didn't sign one of those good RBs, of course he plays. Who could replace him? Montoya or Douglas? :lol: Allow me to have a laugh. Once we sign a good RB, Alves can take the bench and stay there for all I care. Or leave.

Alves is at his peak worst.And montoya can do better if given the chance.

serghei

I agree about Douglas but what are you basing your point on for Montoya his whole of 90 mins this season or him playing from the stands the whole season?

4 out of 4 coaches didn't use Montoya as more than a sub, and not even as a sub very often. The idea of Lucho having a personal problem with Montoya is silly. The most likely case is that Montoya doesn't covince him in training sessions. I'm just going with the odds here. If you, as others, prefer to think Montoya is great and kicks ass in trainings, but Lucho doesn't like his face, fine by me.

Alves is at his peak worst.And montoya can do better if given the chance.

Chances aren't given. Chances are earned, great players force their way into the team. I repeat, it's not Alves fault that, even in his poor form, there's no one better in that spot.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
4 out of 4 coaches didn't use Montoya as more than a sub, and not even as a sub very often. The idea of Lucho having a personal problem with Montoya is silly. The most likely case is that Montoya doesn't covince him in training sessions. I'm just going with the odds here. If you, as others, prefer to think Montoya is great and kicks ass in trainings, but Lucho doesn't like his face, fine by me.

4 out of 4? Surely you can't include Pep because Montoya wasn't even promoted back then, and despite that Pep played him in the CDR Final against Athletic. So...

JamDav1982

4 out of 4? Surely you can't include Pep because Montoya wasn't even promoted back then, and despite that Pep played him in the CDR Final against Athletic. So...

Pep could have had him promoted or used him more if he wanted to but that is too far back to compare anyway as Alves was more or less still in prime then.

Paganinisrvnge

Didn't Montoya play more under tata than Tito? Tito hated la masia players and it's partially his fault Thiago left. People are reluctant to criticize Tito since he passed away (RIP) but he was pretty stubborn and didn't play youngsters as much as people thought he would. We haven't had a good coach that had support since Pep. Tata was good but nobody supported him.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Regardless of what goes on in training, a nobody from Brazil shouldn't be playing over Montoya. He is at the very least much better than Doglas.

JamDav1982

None of those 3 coaches were very good. And I'm not even saying that Montoya's better than Alves, but that argument sucks.

They are far superior to any of us and work closely with the players everyday, so their opinions hold weight and it i relevant none of them fancied Montoya over Alves.

Home of Barca Fans