Daniel Alves

DinhoR10

If they could teach Adama to defend he would be the perfect wide player in this Barca system.

Thats what it is under Lucho it is a winger who gets back to defend more than an defender who attacks.

He looks kind of like Alba when defending, running back and just bumping the opponent off the ball or snatching it before they know whats what.

Cule4life

The Culest
So being the last player to pass the ball to Messi is now considered a substantial attacking contribution?

You just summed up serghei

I'm starting to think maybe Alves has photos of someone from the board wearing lady's lingerie and a gag-ball or something, so there's an order from above to give him anything he wants to keep him quiet. :lol:

Someone has been reading 50 shades of grey i see :pep:

serghei

You just summed up serghei

I've given up on you long time ago. You're just too biased against Alves to see that, while he was bad in defence, he was inolved in both the goals we scored at Mestalla.

No one says Alves is god or anything. But the hate on this forum is reaching insane, undeserved levels. If Alves does something good, no one notices. If he does something bad it's all everyone talks about.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We are all biased in some way. I also think you're somewhat biased in support for Alves. I might be or I am sure I am biased in other players cases although I try to present a neutral opinion most of the time I post on forums. The truth however is that Alves has been performing at a mediocre level for some time now, don't think anyone can dispute that. It's sad. People might agree or not, but I certainly think that if a player is not performing at a level expected of him, then you need to bench him and try out the other options you have and give them a fair chance. Or atleast a chance, even if it's against lower half sides.

Playing a player who has been mediocre and keep playing him all the time will make him think that his performance is good, that he is doing okay, that he cannot be dropped. You cannot allow that in a team. You cannot allow a player get that feeling, mentality, because then he won't perhaps work harder to improve himself, because he may already think that he is doing well enough......

Last edited:

serghei

I rate Alves higher than Montoya and Douglas. That's not really being biased, since Montoya and Douglas don't have any legit claims of playing in front of Alves. Montoya and Douglas should play if or when they can claim a starting spot themselves, on their own.

And don't say Montoya and Douglas can't be worse than Alves. I assure you they can. Alves, on his worst form, still handled Ronaldo pretty well in the clasico.

Zangash

Banned
Montoya and Douglas don't have any legit claims of playing in front of Alves.

There's the bias, right there.

Douglas and Montoya don't have any legit claims to playing in front of alves... EVER?

You do realize that Alves is gone at the end of the season, right? Then what will we do? Still refuse to play them because they're not as good as Alves based on 150 minutes played between the two of them? It's not like Alves has been so god damn incredible that we can't afford to try someone else at RB every now and then.

F

Flavia

There's the bias, right there.

Douglas and Montoya don't have any legit claims to playing in front of alves... EVER?

You do realize that Alves is gone at the end of the season, right? Then what will we do? Still refuse to play them because they're not as good as Alves based on 150 minutes played between the two of them? It's not like Alves has been so god damn incredible that we can't afford to try someone else at RB every now and then.

I think the board is waiting for the the CAS appeal result, to renew Alves or not. If the ban stands, I doubt they'll let him go. Montoya is leaving, and by now they know Douglas won't cut it.

Ritchie

His legacy has gone from being possibly our best ever right back, or one of them, to one of the worst based on his last year or so. He's embarrassing himself every week.

All he does is give the ball away, endlessly cross to an opponent, get caught out of position and give ridiculous fouls away repeatedly and then moan at the ref. It's painful to watch him.

Antimadridista1

His legacy has gone from being possibly our best ever right back, or one of them, to one of the worst based on his last year or so. He's embarrassing himself every week.

All he does is give the ball away, endlessly cross to an opponent, get caught out of position and give ridiculous fouls away repeatedly and then moan at the ref. It's painful to watch him.

He is the best right back the club ever had. During 2008 - 2012, he performed at a level that no right-back in Barca history reached.

abual3bed1

He is the best right back the club ever had. During 2008 - 2012, he performed at a level that no right-back in Barca history reached.

I'm not sure of the best ever part but sure he is one of the top 3 RBs ever to pull on a blaugrana colors. But can't help but be frustrated that since 2012, he's been destroying the legacy he created since 2008. Careless attitude, poor defending and of course them crosses.

Cule4life

The Culest
I've given up on you long time ago.

Right back at ya mate ;)

You're just too biased against Alves to see that

You sure you should throw that word around? :lol:

No one says Alves is god or anything

And no one says Montoya is a god or anything either.

he was inolved in both the goals we scored at Mestalla.

I cheered for the goal when Barca scored. Does that count as a contribution in the goal then?

And your fanboy is leaking so much that you cooked up an imaginary extra goal :lol:

If Alves does something good, no one notices. If he does something bad it's all everyone talks about.

If you commit one hundred murders and then adopt an orphan child what would be your fate? Like it or not at this level of game its pros vs cons. And Dani's one pro which he rarely shows is not enough to guarantee him a place in every match in the real world(not fanboyland)

I wouldnt be surprised if serghei is actually Lucho himself

Last edited:

Morten

I have always wondered why he hasnt run off to the PL or something yet, with his passion for crossing. If he went to a mid-table team like Stoce etc. he would still make the team, and there he could cross it mindless all day long and have some reasonably success with it, because he would have some big bloke to aim at. Or he could go to Sociedad, Moyes loves crossin.

serghei

@cule4life, you wouldn't be you if you had some common sense. Anyways, keep your Alves bashing, for good or for worse, the guy is Barca's starting RB in the last 7 years and a FC Barcelona legend.

Neymessi

I cheered for the goal when Barca scored. Does that count as a contribution in the goal then?

And your fanboy is leaking so much that you cooked up an imaginary extra goal :lol:

:lol:
@cule4life, you wouldn't be you if you had some common sense. Anyways, keep your Alves bashing, for good or for worse, the guy is Barca's starting RB in the last 7 years and a FC Barcelona legend.

No one is denying that.He is just worse than what he could possibly be right now.He should have retired early or switched clubs if he wants us to remember more of his prime than what he is now.

Home of Barca Fans