Daniel Alves

F

Flavia

Terrible mistake. Awful, awful. I wonder if the uncertainty of his future is starting to affect him.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What a clown, always trying to play cute... It was clear that ball should have been headed out, in fact, I even got a mini heart attack when I saw what he was trying to do,and that was before he screwed up in such a basic play...

Zangash

Banned
Montoya has a decent to good game but fails to break ankles or steal our breaths away with his attacking prowess and it's "Oh my GOD he's awful! Renew Alves now! We can't afford to let Montoya play!"

Kind of ironic that now if we lose the league it'll probably be Dani's fault.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Amateurish error and shit match. Move on and get better from it. I don't doubt that Alves will be introspective about that and try to improve.

Alarcón

His mistake wasn't the only bad thing. He is making me furious in how he always looks to pass to Messi and no one else. Obviously their combinations are great most of the times, but come on, there's a player directly in front of him and he decides to make a back heel to Messi, in his own half? That's just ridiculous.

Stric

Ironic how quickly he goes back to being absolute shit as soon as the first rumors about a contract extension surface.

sabby

I've said this before and I'll say this again. A defender, even if its a wing back, should concentrate first on preventing goal than scoring/assisting one. I was a big fan of him, until he could balance his attack with his track back and clearance. But he's been almost $h!t in the last couple years bar a few games. Montoya may not be got swag/flair in his game but he always does his basic job first i.e. defend. If he'd been given enough chances from last season, we wouldn't have to worry about our RB situation so much.

JamDav1982

I've said this before and I'll say this again. A defender, even if its a wing back, should concentrate first on preventing goal than scoring/assisting one. I was a big fan of him, until he could balance his attack with his track back and clearance. But he's been almost $h!t in the last couple years bar a few games. Montoya may not be got swag/flair in his game but he always does his basic job first i.e. defend. If he'd been given enough chances from last season, we wouldn't have to worry about our RB situation so much.

Alves has been way above Montoya this season, it is not even close.

If you want to get the best out of Messi on the RW, Alves is much the better option.

L

linetty

Ironic how quickly he goes back to being absolute shit as soon as the first rumors about a contract extension surface.
Exactly.

Definitely working hard for this renewal. If he doesn't step it up against City then I'd probably hesitate when giving him a new contract.

sabby

Alves has been way above Montoya this season, it is not even close.

If you want to get the best out of Messi on the RW, Alves is much the better option.

Let me get this straight, Messi needs a RB to be as good as he is ? And even for a moment if we assume that's true, why doesn't lucho play Alves at right mid-field and play a proper RB ? We are Barcelona and have got many of the top 20 attacker + midfielders.

Besides, you failed to read my post - I never said Montoya has been better than Alves, I said he gives his 100%, remembers his main job and if had got match experiences from last year like Bartra finally did, he would have been much better and we wouldn't need to rely on Alves' mood !!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I was against extending his contract as I believed his good run od games was just an anomaly.He sucked for a long time now.

JamDav1982

Let me get this straight, Messi needs a RB to be as good as he is ? And even for a moment if we assume that's true, why doesn't lucho play Alves at right mid-field and play a proper RB ? We are Barcelona and have got many of the top 20 attacker + midfielders.

Besides, you failed to read my post - I never said Montoya has been better than Alves, I said he gives his 100%, remembers his main job and if had got match experiences from last year like Bartra finally did, he would have been much better and we wouldn't need to rely on Alves' mood !!

Montoya plays more of a defender role but Alves is still far superior and better for this team despite todays mistake.

If you cant see the way Messi and Alves link up and have been linking up these past couple of months fair enough and Alves has not being doing that purely at the expense of defending.

Quite possibly the worst RB performance I have seen this season was Montoya away to Sociedad. It was a joke.

Home of Barca Fans