Daniel Alves

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
In that case we need to sort out and announce a deal for Danilo in summer and ensure that Porto don't play him in the Champions League.

serghei

Even without Dani, we have 3 players that can comfortably jump in for RB spot and that's not counting Douglas.
We'd be more than okay until January.

One would be very cruel to play Montoya against top opposition again. Not to mention doing some improvisations (I suppose you count Bartra as a RB). Dani can't be succesfully replaced at the moment. It is how it is. We need him more than he needs us.

If its true that we're going to sign Danilo after the ban then lets just let him go. Like Bojan says, we have good enough RBs to last until January.

And what happens if say Danilo takes time to get used to the team? Throw the entire season out of the window?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
And what happens if say Danilo takes time to get used to the team? Throw the entire season out of the window?

There's only so much we can do if Alves holds out for a massive three year contract. Besides, even if he gets that contract, he's just going to get sold like Villa for chump change in 2016 in an effort to get rid of his massive wage bill.

EdmondDantes

He rolled back the years tonight, with the best nutmeg I've seen in Europe this season as well. I hope his injury is not serious, a fresh and fit Alves is a must.

anguy

In offense he was great, defensively not so much. Whole defense seemed quite nervous, no doubt because of Bilbao's intense pressing.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was rather good in offense, but got carried away and went too far up the pitch which is what exposes our right flank... He should pick his moments more carefully...

Ritchie

Agree. Sign him up. It doesn't mean he has to play if we bring an excellent RB in 2016. You sign Alves for 3 years and you know the right flank is OK and well covered. A club the size of Barca can afford to give one more year for a blaugrana legend.

Imagine his motivation levels if he gets a 3 year deal! Not to mention him being 34/35 by the third season and already declining.

One year with an option for a second year is enough. If an EPL club are stupid enough to offer him crazy money for 3 years then good luck to him. His agent can't hold us to ransom just because we can't sign anyone for half a season. We can get by with the options we have. Alves is a liability anyway.

hardyboy

Dinorah (agent Alves): "We're not negotiating with anyone, but we're listening to offers. All offers we're getting are from foreign teams."
Dinorah (agent Alves): "I want him to stay but it's up to the club to decide. They didn't offer him any renewal so far." [cope]

L

linetty

Barcelona will offer right back Dani Alves (31) a contract renewal after CL tie against City. His current deal expires in June. [md]

I hope this is true and he accepts it.

khaled_a_d

Barcelona will offer right back Dani Alves (31) a contract renewal after CL tie against City. His current deal expires in June. [md]

I hope this is true and he accepts it.

I won't get my hopes high ,the club probably doing it so they can just say we have done our best to keep him .unless Alves is really willing to lower his demands it will be tough to give him what he wants

Home of Barca Fans