Daniel Alves

L

linetty

Some good plays, some bad ones. Average performance.
Not sure where you seen these 'good plays' besides one 1-2 with Messi. Disgraceful performance but he can be excused by an awful pitch & tactics to bypass the midfield etc. He steps up when it matters though.

F

Flavia

Sport claiming Barça will offer to renew him for 2 years, because signing Danilo will be difficult:

B_IRs0JWwAIX_AK.jpg:large

Alen

I hope he takes it. Has not been good but the backup is absolute rubbish.

(The bottom right ads are always hilarious :lol:)

F

Flavia

Dinorah (agent Alves): "We're close to deal with another club, talks are well-advanced. Still time for Barça? Can't keep on waiting." [rac1]

Seems like sport has no clue, again.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Dinorah (agent Alves): "We're close to deal with another club, talks are well-advanced. Still time for Barça? Can't keep on waiting." [rac1]

Seems like sport has no clue, again.

Well, this is what Zubi was saying last year, - there is no intention to renew Alves.

Leo_Messi

I think that the club should wait as long as possible before they make a decision. Hopefully this will motivate Alves so he can be able to prove himself that he deserves 1-2 seasons more.

I read in the local media that they are going to make a decision after the Man City game. Let us see.

Had it not been for the FIFA ban (thank you Sandrusco, Zubinútil, Bartofeo etc.) I would have definitely let him go. It's more tricky when you only have freaking Montoya and Lord Douglas as substitutes for now at least.

Last edited:

BADGERBHOY

I think that the club should wait as long as possible before they make a decision. Hopefully this will motivate Alves so he can be able to prove himself that he deserves 1-2 seasons more.

I read in the local media that they are going to make a decision after the Man City game. Let us see.

Had it not been for the FIFA ban (thank you Sandrusco, Zubinútil, Bartofeo etc.) I would have definitely let him go. It's more tricky when you only have freaking Montoya and Lord Douglas as substitutes for now at least.

If the management had any foresight they would have sold him before the World Cup started and had a replacement lined up.

As it stands with the transfer ban, I would offer him a years extension, nothing crazy like the 2+1 deal being reported.

If that's not enough then we'll have to limp along until January with Montoya and Douglas (why?). The only problem being that almost all of the top right backs will be cup tied.

Leo_Messi

If the management had any foresight they would have sold him before the World Cup started and had a replacement lined up.

As it stands with the transfer ban, I would offer him a years extension, nothing crazy like the 2+1 deal being reported.

If that's not enough then we'll have to limp along until January with Montoya and Douglas (why?). The only problem being that almost all of the top right backs will be cup tied.

But, but Zubinútil gave us Lord Douglas as his last gift before he departed!

The problem is apparently that Alves is not going to accept a 1 year extension. He wants at least a 2 years extension.

Seriously I would offer Alves a 2 years extension. He is not as bad as people make it out. In a worst case scenario you could always sell him next summer or let him go for free. At that point the board will be able to buy a replacement. Well, they can do that already now basically but it's difficult due to the FIFA ban.

Zangash

Banned

I don't understand the obsession with Douglas. Do you really think we're going to have to play with Douglas as RB if Alves leaves? We have an entire academy with defenders in it and have numerous right backs and CBs who can operate as RB, all of whom (17+)play on a much higher level than Douglas. There would be literally no reason to even use Douglas at all in the coming season if he somehow even makes it to next season at all, as a new board will almost certainly take out the trash when they get here.

Leo_Messi

I don't understand the obsession with Douglas. Do you really think we're going to have to play with Douglas as RB if Alves leaves? We have an entire academy with defenders in it and have numerous right backs and CBs who can operate as RB, all of whom (17+)play on a much higher level than Douglas. There would be literally no reason to even use Douglas at all in the coming season if he somehow even makes it to next season at all, as a new board will almost certainly take out the trash when they get here.

No, but currently Montoya and Douglas are the only alternatives to Alves. Fair to say that both are much poorer.

There is no obsession about Douglas. It was just an embarrassing transfer and many of us like the banter that involves him.

Outside of Montoya and Adriano (not his favorite position and there is no guarantee of him staying for the next season - he wants more playing time) then who are all of those right backs?

FC B

If Barca is going to stay in Douglas and Montoya the following season it's gonna be fucking terrible!

Home of Barca Fans