Daniel Alves

Zangash

Banned
No, but currently Montoya and Douglas are the only alternatives to Alves. Fair to say that both are much poorer.

There is no obsession about Douglas. It was just an embarrassing transfer and many of us like the banter that involves him.

Outside of Montoya and Adriano (not his favorite position and there is no guarantee of him staying for the next season - he wants more playing time) then who are all of those right backs?

Patric, Godswil, Edgar IE, Rodrigo Tarin, Bagnack, and Diagne. Just to name a few. All players with a much higher football I.Q than Douglas (Not saying much of anything here, really) with better overall ability.

I'm sure BBZ and JamDav will come rushing in here for even daring to suggest a La Masia youngster is better than a seasoned first team player with multiple years of top flight experience, but that's just how it is. We'd be better off playing ter Stegen as RB than Douglas.

yahudi

Patric, Godswil, Edgar IE, Rodrigo Tarin, Bagnack, and Diagne. Just to name a few. All players with a much higher football I.Q than Douglas (Not saying much of anything here, really) with better overall ability.

I'd like to know what you're basing your assumption on.

With the expection of the (CM-turned-RB) Patric, none of the mentioned did even remotely well out wide for Barca B. Godswill and Tarin have yet to play beyond youth level.

Alves is well past his best now, he gets caught out of position far to often whereas a few years ago he had the pace to get back into position but now he does not. Montoya is 23 so now is the time he should be stepping up and showing his ability. And I personally prefer Adriano at full back than Alves as his is more effective going forward and more solid defensively, I think Adriano is a very underrated player as wherever he plays he always puts in a good performance an rarely lets the club down.

khaled_a_d

I'm sure BBZ and JamDav will come rushing in here for even daring to suggest a La Masia youngster is better than a seasoned first team player with multiple years of top flight experience, but that's just how it is. We'd be better off playing ter Stegen as RB than Douglas.

Ie never impressed as a RB even though theoretically it looked like it will make sense but on the field it didn't ,Bagnack is a terrible defender and should be nowhere near the 1st team even for Douglas spot.he doesn't have high IQ either
tbh I would trust Patric over Douglas,he has been underrated for some reason in Barca B but he is a solid player for sure .Tarin&Godswil are talented but we need to see them playing against men 1st tbh

Zangash

Banned
I'd like to know what you're basing your assumption on.

With the expection of the (CM-turned-RB) Patric, none of the mentioned did even remotely well out wide for Barca B. Godswill and Tarin have yet to play beyond youth level.

My assumption is based on the fact that Douglas gets pressured against 3rd division opposition and chooses to low cross the ball to nobody in front of his own goal.

I myself am a better footballer than Douglas.

Zangash

Banned
Ie never impressed as a RB even though theoretically it looked like it will make sense but on the field it didn't ,Bagnack is a terrible defender and should be nowhere near the 1st team even for Douglas spot.he doesn't have high IQ either
tbh I would trust Patric over Douglas,he has been underrated for some reason in Barca B but he is a solid player for sure .Tarin&Godswil are talented but we need to see them playing against men 1st tbh

I'd rather go for any of the above names as a starter over Douglas.

Although, to be perfectly honest, I don't see any real problem with using Montoya until we can buy a new RB in January. He's not nearly as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

zanela

I know Alves has declined as a footballer. But he still exudes a lot of positive energy and spirit around him. Such live-wire personalities are essential to the dressing room, in that they help keep the morale high at all times, and they are also the ones the hardest to replace. I'll sure miss him. :(

Home of Barca Fans