Daniel Alves

Zangash

Banned
Realistic about what?

Dinorah said she recieved a 2+1+signature bonus offer from another club.

He loves the club so much that he'll instantly reject any offer we make if we can't match offers he's receiving from other clubs.

I'm sure that's exactly what Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, Samper, Messi, Pique, etc would all do if they were negotiating their contracts.

I

instinct

Players always say how they love their club. But in fact they are always just after the money.

If he accepts a 1+1+1 deal, his future is basically insecure because the club could decide not to extend his contract. AFAIK the option for an extra year will be activated when he plays at least 60% of the minutes/matches. If the club doesn't want to have him next season, he won't play and his contract will run out. A player like Alves wants to stay in Europe and play for the best clubs and if this scenario happens (contract runs out and less game time), he won't get an offer from a top club anymore.

Logical decision to ask for a better contract.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think press conference is Alves' last ditch effort to pressure the club to get serious and offer him what he wants, it is sort of an ultimatum. From everything I have read, he wants to stay.

Isn't Bartomeu supposed to meet with him this week to convince him to stay? The club needs to get serious, either sign a good replacement (nothing like Douglas) or just pay the guy.

This is getting so worrisome.

Alik

If he accepts a 1+1+1 deal, his future is basically insecure because the club could decide not to extend his contract. AFAIK the option for an extra year will be activated when he plays at least 60% of the minutes/matches. If the club doesn't want to have him next season, he won't play and his contract will run out. A player like Alves wants to stay in Europe and play for the best clubs and if this scenario happens (contract runs out and less game time), he won't get an offer from a top club anymore.

Well right now, for all we know he's not going to play for any big club. Alves is pretty much guaranteed to play 60% of the matches next season anyway.

Zangash

Banned

He'd only play less if his performances dip. Considering that even now, in this terrible form he's in, he's still playing damn near every game we play, that shouldn't really be a problem unless he feels he won't even be able to maintain that level.

I can say he'll play the 60% he'll need for the extra year based purely on our complete lack of replacements and the fact that the coach personally favors him as RB over all other alternatives.

Bertus

Spot on.

And again as I said last page, if any of you think only Alves amongs barca players is after money, you're all deluded.

Messi is the first to care about money among them given how he pressured the club on a regular basis to get a better salary.

Morten

get real.

Eveen Messi is after money. Do you think Barca just hands down better salaries on a regular basis to him just because? It's because he asks for more money.

As an average person, with a normal job, that is something i cant quite understand. The top players in international football are set for life after a career of football, why do they care about earning more when they sit on a 3 mill a week doing what they love?

Bertus

As an average person, with a normal job, that is something i cant quite understand. The top players in international football are set for life after a career of football, why do they care about earning more when they sit on a 3 mill a week doing what they love?
That's not the question here.

People jump on Alves as if he was the only barca player that cares about money. That's laughable.

Jombi

If he doesnt player 60% of the matches, its only sensible that his contract wont be renewed because then he will basically be an old guy on the bench/stands who cant cut it anymore and these players dont deserve to be among the best paid players in the club.

It was bad enough to give Mathieu a 4+1 year contract at the age of 31. We risk turning into an old age home if we obsess about giving oldies long expensive contracts.

Jombi

Spot on.

And again as I said last page, if any of you think only Alves amongs barca players is after money, you're all deluded.

Messi is the first to care about money among them given how he pressured the club on a regular basis to get a better salary.

Actually, Alves has been vocal in the past about going to Sevilla solely because of the money, not because of his career. I think its safe to say that if Alves got an offer from some Arab or Russian club, he would take it in a heart beat.

Zangash

Banned
Spot on.

But does Messi say he'll *leave* if he doesn't get a contract that matches offers from other clubs? If that was really the case he would have gone off to Russia a long time ago.

Asking for a bigger contract is one thing. I don't even care that Alves wants more money.

But he's asking for more than he deserves, and is demanding a contract for longer than he'll be able to perform.

This is also taking into consideration that no matter how much Messi asks for, he's worth it as our greatest player ever and is only 27 years old.

Bertus

If he doesnt player 60% of the matches, its only sensible that his contract wont be renewed because then he will basically be an old guy on the bench/stands who cant cut it anymore and these players dont deserve to be among the best paid players in the club.

It was bad enough to give Mathieu a 4+1 year contract at the age of 31. We risk turning into an old age home if we obsess about giving oldies long expensive contracts.
Then let him go if he gets a better secured contract elsewhere.

The dude doesn't want to warm barca bench starting this winter mercato. And he wants to be able to get a 2-1 contract while he can since he ahs 2 offers.

Nothing tells him he will still get such offer this winter or in summer 2016.

Bertus

But does Messi say he'll *leave* if he doesn't get a contract that matches offers from other clubs? If that was really the case he would have gone off to Russia a long time ago.

Asking for a bigger contract is one thing. I don't even care that Alves wants more money.

But he's asking for more than he deserves, and is demanding a contract for longer than he'll be able to perform.

This is also taking into consideration that no matter how much Messi asks for, he's worth it as our greatest player ever and is only 27 years old.
You don't know if he didn't.

You don't know if his agent pressured the club saying City or Chelsea could buy him.

Zangash

Banned
You don't know if he didn't.

You don't know if his agent pressured the club saying City or Chelsea could buy him.

And what I don't know won't hurt me.

Alves has been clear as day all season that he's out of here if we don't give him the offer he wants. This presser from his agent is basically a spit in the club's face. I'd take back the offer we gave him, even.

I

instinct

He'd only play less if his performances dip. Considering that even now, in this terrible form he's in, he's still playing damn near every game we play, that shouldn't really be a problem unless he feels he won't even be able to maintain that level.

I can say he'll play the 60% he'll need for the extra year based purely on our complete lack of replacements and the fact that the coach personally favors him as RB over all other alternatives.

You're probably right but what if the coach (whoever it'll be) won't count on Alves next season? Remember that we'll maybe sign a replacement in January/next summer. He is on huge wages and from the club's POV it'd be only logical to offload him when his replacement arrives. This 1+1+1 contract offer is basically proof that they just offer him a new contract because of the transfer ban. Considering his age, wages and recent performances, he'll be gone next summer and as I've said, he probably won't get an offer from a club like ManU anymore (because he'll be one year older and all interested clubs would have solved their right back problems by then)

Home of Barca Fans