Daniel Alves

Stric

Wow.
I'm not a massive fan of Alves, but when people are saying that he needs to score or assist 27 goals in a single half of football to make up for how bad he was then it really makes me question the integrity of this forum.
Nothing new really. Barca grind out an important result and people are crying that we didn't batter valencia 9-0 with the best performance of the season. I hate to be derogatory, but some of the people on this forum are either completely delusional or know nothing about football. I'm inclined to say both.

It's not about making up for his mistakes, it's about whether it's a good performance in its entirety or not. Unless he does something really extraordinary later on, we can't call it a good game if 50% of it was absolute shit.

Your patronizing attitude says less about your own knowledge of football than it does about you. It also makes me question how incredibly low the standards of some users here are if they consider Alves's performance today good.

Gnidrologist

It would be really nice to see one of these ''player x against team y'' youtubes on Alves in this match to clear out delusion that some people here suffer from. He was only marginally better than Adriano.

cris29

It would be really nice to see one of these ''player x against team y'' youtubes on Alves in this match to clear out delusion that some people here suffer from. He was only marginally better than Adriano.

They gave away too many free-kicks in the first half; we seem to give away a lot of silly free-kicks over the years. However, Adriano was horrendous, Alves was better but nowhere near to the Sevilla performance.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
He was hot and cold for me, look at his stats - he had 10 successful tackles, 3 interceptions and 1 clearance, but he had 7 fouls.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

There won't be because it's not worth a video, far far from it

Icarium

Lifestealer
Alves was not shit, he played a good game today. Probably lucky to not get booked. He was as bad as anyone in first half. Very good in second half. Had a lot of tackles and was the main attacking force after messi in the last few minutes pinning valencia back so that they will defend instead of putting pressure. Acted as an extra midfielder too.

Gnidrologist

There won't be because it's not worth a video, far far from it
I understand that, it was a fantasy wish. The problem is that some people here seem to think that his second half performance, when we were all armed with superior defensive weapons and tired Valencia team somehow erases his horrendous performance in the first half, WHICH was the key moment of ''to be or not to be'', where his performance was most relevant.
We lucked out. Fine.I'm not even talking about fouls. Better foul than letting them sprint forward. He was awful at decision making. Like when he tries to shield the ball with the back to defender, he ALWAYS looses it. It has been so all this season, but he still insists on jostling with physically far superior players than him instead of distributing the ball as fast as possible, which at this point is his only use. He is a good passer still. He is awful at dribbling now, but he still insists on taking on players one on one, where he always looses and best he can do after that is fouling them from the back.
If there was Montoya we'd at least kept possession, because he acknowledges his inability to get past his marker. It's not like i love Montoya, but he is at least rational. Dani has gone of the tangent and doesn't realize he is too old for this shit.

Last edited:
L

linetty

What do you have over your eyes? Do you want to continue with personal remarks? You can hide behind your username and throw remarks but in real life you would think twice before spouting those words.
Nah. I always say what's on my mind. And, please, stop pretending to be a goody-goody.

He commited a lot of fouls (that ref was whistling every slight contact) because the game was intense but he also had a helluva successful tackles and interceptions. In the second half he was everywhere always making the right pass. That performance was decent at worst. Not bad at all.

klc123

It's not about making up for his mistakes, it's about whether it's a good performance in its entirety or not. Unless he does something really extraordinary later on, we can't call it a good game if 50% of it was absolute shit.

Your patronizing attitude says less about your own knowledge of football than it does about you. It also makes me question how incredibly low the standards of some users here are if they consider Alves's performance today good.

I never said alves was good. In fact I think he is our weakest link, and in recent years consistently makes mistakes when he shouldn't. But saying ridiculously over the top comments about how bad he is doesn't really get us anywhere.

Home of Barca Fans