Daniel Alves

gregorrin10

Even if alves surprises us and plays a good season, whats next? He is 39 and we have to search another RB. Crap signing from Xavi, very disappointed from him.

what signing would you like? We have just under 10M for transfers in January, and we need a winger/striker much more, but we're also light of quality at RB, so this is win-win situation, especially since he's coming for free and will be playing basically for free. Let's put it this way, I'd still prefer to see 38-year old Alves on RB before Roberto and maybe even Mingueza, cause we all know he's just not a RB. Alves is the perfect cover for and mentor to Dest.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Edgar Davids 2.0?

I like it. Dani is more of a leader than our washed up veterans. He has a different mindset and is probably still more athletic than Pique or Busi.

Catta

Just realized, he could become Barcas oldest ever player to play a game. Currently Pinto holds the record with 38y 6m 9d.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
If Alves shows 10 percent of what he showed in the Copa America then he would easily be our best RB and RW.

Unfortunately Mingueza and Dest just don't have that quality to play for Barca imo.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Personally not a fan, but there really isn't much to lose here. We have a lot of injuries and he might help out Dest and possibly push Dembele and be a good influence for him too. He knows the role he is being brought for.

If anything I'm more concerned about the Sergi Roberto rumors.

Horatio

You're welcome
Personally not a fan, but there really isn't much to lose here. We have a lot of injuries and he might help out Dest and possibly push Dembele and be a good influence for him too. He knows the role he is being brought for.

Sounds like you're a fan.

DonAK

Sounds like you're a fan.

Just looking at the bright side of it or trying to find some positives. I'm not going to rage like some guys here who seem to live in their own bubble where signing Alves would cost us the signing of some super star.

We have less than 10m to work with. We're beggars in this market.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Agree with DonAK here , the Roberto rumour is the worrying one. With Alves you got 3 RB's and our midfield is the most "stacked" position we have , makes you wonder where Roberto fits in all this.

hardyboy

No serious player would want to join this circus now. We have become AC Milan 2.0. We're moving backwards rather than moving forward.

DonAK

Too much overreaction over a depth signing who seem to be in great shape with an abundance of winning experience basically everywhere he goes. It's for 6 months.

Worst case he sucks and is gone in 6 months and we wasted almost nothing.

Best case he actually does well and even helps out someone like Dest who has the talent to become a top player, but need some proper guidance and coaching if he's ever going to become one.

SmilerBam

Tbh, i am not sure he is worse than our other rb alternatives. But to be sure, let's just bring back Iniesta too and make Xavi a player/manager. This transfer is hilarious, and not in a good way.

Home of Barca Fans