Daniel Alves

serghei

Based on what?

Reading up he doesnt seem to have been great in locker room past few clubs and acts like is a teenager still.

Based on his time at Barcelona. Would be pointless for him to come here if not to try to help the club in this phase. Do what exactly? His money will be very low, club is doing badly, not much to gain and all to lose if he's coming with an attitude.

JamDav1982

Based on his time at Barcelona. Would be pointless for him to come here if not to try to help the club in this phase. Do what exactly? His money will be very low, club is doing badly, not much to gain and all to lose if he's coming with an attitude.

I think he is coming as he is a big personality and Xavi doesnt rate the RB options all that highly and to try and give a lift.

Not so sure he will be given any roles based on leadership really.

Slevinn

The thing that I?m not even surprised by this upsets me more than the transfer. :lol:

What makes this transfer even weirder is that his positions, RB be and CM, are exactly the ones where we are stacked. Although none of our 3 (4) RBs are anywhere near being good enough for Barcelona

I don?t like this transfer but for what it?s worth; a coach in Belgium did something very similar and they actually became champions that year against all odds. Not that relevant, just hoping Alves has a positive influence here, on or off the pitch.

serghei

The thing that I?m not even surprised by this upsets me more than the transfer. :lol:

What makes this transfer even weirder is that his positions, RB be and CM, are exactly the ones where we are stacked. Although none of our 3 (4) RBs are anywhere near being good enough for Barcelona

I don?t like this transfer but for what it?s worth; a coach in Belgium did something very similar and they actually became champions that year against all odds. Not that relevant, just hoping Alves has a positive influence here, on or off the pitch.

We're crap at RW though, Demir got games there because we're exposed and he's raw as hell. I'd rather play Alves there than Demir tbh. Or Dest and Alves RB or something along those lines than Mingueza - Dest.

The main argument for this transfer is not that he's a top player still, but that he'll cost us next to nothing and we get an experienced player who can still probably fill in and do better than raw options from Barca B.

Last edited:

Kul_z

We're crap at RW though, Demir got games there because we're exposed and he's raw as hell. I'd rather play Alves there than Demir tbh. Or Dest and Alves RB or something along those lines than Mingueza - Dest.

The main argument for this transfer is not that he's a top player still, but that he'll cost us next to nothing.

I think he would be an huge upgrade going front then anyone we have until dembele hopefully is fit. This guy crossing is miles away from anyone we have on flanks. I like the idea of dest behind his back, cooperating on the right and dest overlapping with dani's cheeky passes. This guy wont get us to beat madrid sides, but he could be very useful against lower tier opponents where we struggle this season

Birdy

And this fucking idiot, this weasel, has the guts to moan about this forum being bad and not well moderated.
I don't care that you don't have any idea about football, and can't understand what I write. But stop misquoting me. Do as I tell you and find the posts, I don't lie and I can stand very well for what I have written, and explain what I mean if someone doesn't understand where I'm coming from.

Say these things to my face, fucker and not online, and see what happens, lol.

You called me out before for replying rudely...

Well, this is a polite way of replying I guess

By the way I neve lost the 'rondo argument'. I only lost the straw-man-ned version of it that you fashioned in order to win it

Birdy

Lol, just seen his contract is until June 2022. All this talk about 6 months :lol:.

but renewable for a further year.

By the way, people who say that - even if not what he was - can still 'help' or 'offer something', don't really get it:

the problem is not what he can NOT offer at his age
the problem is what damage he can inflict as a player AND as a presence in the locker room

serghei

but renewable for a further year.

By the way, people who say that - even if not what he was - can still 'help' or 'offer something', don't really get it:

the problem is not what he can NOT offer at his age
the problem is what damage he can inflict as a player AND as a presence in the locker room

Not automatically. That's not based on anything tbh. When the guy was in the locker room we were the best team in the world still. It's only after he left (and some other legends) did things go bad.

Don't think Dani Alves being a bad influence at Barcelona is documented on anything tbh. He was always a professional and a fit player, working hard on the pitch. That's why he's still winning international titles with his NT at 38.

There are some very big differences between likes of Pique, Stegen, Roberto and likes of Dani Alves.

Last edited:

Bobo32

You called me out before for replying rudely...

Well, this is a polite way of replying I guess

By the way I neve lost the 'rondo argument'. I only lost the straw-man-ned version of it that you fashioned in order to win it

I never called you a weasel. This user deserves it.

You took the point I made for Setien v Messi after Setien had already lost the dressing room and tried to prematurely add it to Xavi, but the point was never about joining the rondos.
The argument that a coach shouldn't enter rondos is just a bit retarded, and I showed it through Cruyff, Rijkaard, Pep.

If you think I somehow misinterpreted your argument you will have to enhance what you wrote.

Home of Barca Fans