Daniel Alves

mc_lovin

Thiago would be a kick in the face for our young players, who are even above him in the Spain pecking order. Big no for me. Not to mention midfield is the only part of the team that's looking promising.

serghei

serghei working overtime to rationalize all of Xavi's supposed moves :mou:

Thiago is not that bad as a cheap transfer. Said it when he was considered before he joined Liverpool, and that was before Xavi came. I think a midfield of Pedri - De Jong - Thiago would be nice. We would have enough options to ditch Busi and Roberto, not to mention Coutinho for good.

But yea, not really needed. So if we spend a lot of money (relatively speaking) on him it would be an error.

Thiago would be a kick in the face for our young players, who are even above him in the Spain pecking order. Big no for me. Not to mention midfield is the only part of the team that's looking promising.

It could be seen that way if he is signed and Xavi doesn't rotate a lot. That's actually a very good argument to pass on him. Maybe if Liverpool loans him for peanuts until the summer we should consider it.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I think a midfield of Pedri - De Jong - Thiago would be nice. We would have enough options to ditch Busi and Roberto, not to mention Coutinho for good.

I know we are big on ditching Busquets any way possible, but from what I have seen for Spain and Liverpool: Busi>>>Thiago.

El Gato

Villarato!
serghei working overtime to rationalize all of Xavi's supposed moves :mou:

In today's episode of the least surprising things ever seen on Barcaforum :lol:

Honestly, get Setien in as consultant at this point. Why not? Solid philosophy, now with an actual president that cares!

serghei

I know we are big on ditching Busquets any way possible, but from what I have seen for Spain and Liverpool: Busi>>>Thiago.

Yea, but Liverpool play a faster and more direct football. Not really on Thiago's alley. I think Busi would look dreadful at Liverpool. Thiago was a starter for Bayern in their 2020 treble win IIRC.

serghei

How about his performances for Spain?

I don't see him playing much for Spain, so can't comment. I'm just saying that if we could clear Roberto and Coutinho, and somehow end up with Thiago instead of these 2, and save some money (wages in vs wages out basically), it would be a pretty good business and our team would be better for it.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I don't see him playing much for Spain, so can't comment. I'm just saying that if we could clear Roberto and Coutinho, and someone end up with Thiago instead of these 2, and save some money, it would be pretty good bussiness.

Quick enough to comment on Busi for Spain though.

Messigician

It's done

Stunning!

🚨[ @ffpolo & @sergisoleMD🥇] | Bar?a are looking for reinforcements in January in players who participate little in their teams and can come in on loan. Liverpool are willing to let the Spaniard leave and Thiago has always expressed his desire of returning to Bar?a. #FCBlive

serghei

It's done

Stunning!

��[ @ffpolo & @sergisoleMD��] | Bar?a are looking for reinforcements in January in players who participate little in their teams and can come in on loan. Liverpool are willing to let the Spaniard leave and Thiago has always expressed his desire of returning to Bar?a. #FCBlive

Basically what was said. We're looking for players on the cheap who could help us achieve the top 4 objectives. Nothing stunning about it. It's all the club can do in short term (except for relying massively on our kids - which will probably happen anyway to a big extent).

Messigician

Basically what was said. We're looking for players on the cheap who could help us achieve the top 4 objective. Nothing stunning about it. It's all the club can do on short term (except relying massively on our kids).

Thiago is one of the best midfielders in the world on his day

serghei

This is why I said he flopped. He won't adapt well there even if he stops getting injured.

Nope. They have a very quick attack built on awesome wing play. Creative no10-like CM that sits on the ball and orchestrates attacks, slowing the game down is not really what they need most.

Thiago is one of the best midfielders in the world on his day

Far from it (maybe a case could be made that he was top 5 in 2018-20), but as someone you get for free (or almost), he's pretty good, and not THAT old.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans