Daniel Alves

Birdy

Plus, some of the takes here are completely ridiculous.

Like sell Dest, and buy Azplicueta for replacement?
Azpli? Seriously?
He can't cope anymore with the pace of EPL, and will head to 2nd tier team for a 2-3 years, and then to retirement

khaled_a_d

Plus, some of the takes here are completely ridiculous.

Azpli? Seriously?
He can't cope anymore with the pace of EPL, and will head to 2nd tier team for a 2-3 years, and then to retirement

I don't want to sell Dest, but no need to sell Azpilicueta short, he can be serviceable to our team for a year or two as versatile bench player
considering Oscar form at RB recently, I won't be exactly against it. Had high hopes for the kid after rough start to his Barca career but he isn't coping well as Barca RB

Birdy

I don't want to sell Dest, but no need to sell Azpilicueta short, he can be serviceable to our team for a year or two as versatile bench player
considering Oscar form at RB recently, I won't be exactly against it. Had high hopes for the kid after rough start to his Barca career but he isn't coping well as Barca RB

Bench option maybe, but I would first sell Roberto for that.
Plus, we apparently gave a contract to Dani, and at best I can see him as bench player as well.
No need to cram players without any plan

malvolio

My prediction is that Dest will be sold this summer

Hopefully. Dest is not even Adriano Correia or Digne level, if we're discussing bench options. Starter material for a good Barca side? No way.

Don't know what to make of this Dani Alves return. But wouldn't be surprised if he starts over anyone else at RB.

Messi983

FEVOM6uX0AsPRrF

JamDav1982

Dest is Birdys latest vastly over rated right back.

Semedo used to get the 'stats' treatment to show what a top player he was also.

Dest need to improve big time if is to have a future at Barca. Lets see if he can but current level wont cut it.

Gnidrologist

Hopefully Dest learns from Alves. He has the tools but lacks consistency and decision making.
Don't buy this learning from great footballer like from kung-fu master or trade job craftsman. Doubt you can 'learn' to have better technique or football brain by watching others. Either you have it innately or not, rest is on the coach.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

As long as you have the talent, you can learn advanced skills/techniques from other great players. Some players do get better at playmaking, goal scoring, etc after another such player arrives.

There is some merit to being an understudy. Or at least a person that copies from others and incorporates it into their own craft/style.

FinBarcelonafan

Don't buy this learning from great footballer like from kung-fu master or trade job craftsman. Doubt you can 'learn' to have better technique or football brain by watching others. Either you have it innately or not, rest is on the coach.

You can have new ideas and then you have to work your ass off to implement them into your game. Watching itself won't do shite.

Richard.H

Azpli? Seriously?

Are you serious? Azpi can still be extremely good in this weak La Liga. He would be a massive upgrade over Dest and Alves.

Home of Barca Fans