Daniel Alves

delancey

According to MARCA, the evidence is as follows:

1. Contradictions in his statements. He changed his story three times after the fact.

My take: Lying implies wrongdoing, but it doesn’t prove sexual assault.

2. The dress and the victim’s medical report. 2 days after she was allegedly raped, she reported it.

My take: Why wait 2 days to report rape? Also, her dress doesn’t prove that he raped her; however, it may indicate intercourse (consensual or non-consensual).

3. Security cameras prove that Alves and the girl were inside the bathroom for 15 minutes.

My take: So? Did she scream? Cry? Resist? Why did she wait 48 hours before reporting the crime? Being in a bathroom with someone does not signify rape. Was there any evidence on her body of physical force? Any bruises that couldn’t possibly have happened in between the alleged bathroom visit and 48 hours later?

4. She was able to identify his tattoo 48 hours after the fact.

My take: Well, this could mean three things.

A. She had consensual sex with him, and he showed her the tattoo.

B. She googled it within the 48 hours after the alleged incident.

C. She was raped. Everything she said is true.

5. Recording of a Mosso d’Esquadra.

My take: no idea what this means. :lol:

Any other evidence?

El Gato

Villarato!
Brave warrior delancey, defending a proven idiot without knowing the case and lazily asking someone for a roundup as to why verdict is what it is even though it's one of the most public cases involving a football player in years

My take: Why wait 2 days to report rape? Also, her dress doesn’t prove that he raped her; however, it may indicate intercourse (consensual or non-consensual).

(...)

Why did she wait 48 hours before reporting the crime? Being in a bathroom with someone does not signify rape. Was there any evidence on her body of physical force? Any bruises that couldn’t possibly have happened in between the alleged bathroom visit and 48 hours later?
Doesnt take a genius to work it out
The officer who took the alleged victim’s statement also assured that the complainant “was very nervous and affected” on the night of the alleged sexual assault and corroborated that her version of events was consistent with what was seen in the images captured by security cameras.

Another officer added that the alleged victim “was very hesitant about reporting it because she was afraid that her name would come up because of the defendant”. She added: “She thought no one would believe her.”

My take: So? Did she scream? Cry? Resist?
She did cry.
Minutes after.
Testified to by multiple people

The only undeniable signs them lot it seems like

My take: Was there any evidence on her body of physical force? Any bruises that couldn’t possibly have happened in between the alleged bathroom visit and 48 hours later?

(...)

5. Recording of a Mosso d’Esquadra.

My take: no idea what this means. :lol:

You'd know the answer to those if you knew the case mate

Do better buddy

delancey

Didn't make any claims about anyone's intercourse
Glad you're trying to die on this hill though

@volio
Nah, not my boy
Infact, as time goes by, barely anybody's boy
I don’t die on hills! I change my perspective when I am convinced by evidence to do so. Rape allegations aren’t only about whether he did it or not, but about whether it can be proven in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt.

Hence my question for you. Nice answer. 👍

Loki

My take: Why wait 2 days to report rape?
Ever been in a difficult situation that could change your life? Imagine how a woman must feel thinking about report a rape from a famous and wealthy person, if no one saw it. How big is the chance that he gets a free card, you get smeared by the press as a money grabbing whore and his fans make your life a living hell after this.
I think 2 days actually thinking about possible consequences, maybe listening to people/lawyers and still making a brave decision is definetly not strange.

My take: So? Did she scream? Cry? Resist?
What a strange and dangerous question is even this. There are dozens of possible reasons, why victems don't behave like you would expect. Possible fear, drunk, unconscious, guilt, shame are just some of them.

And not that it matters, but she did actually cry. Several people in the club testified she cried, was extremly upset and distraught. I'm pretty sure that was the main part why the judges believed her story, than his 3 different ones.

Last edited:

Temptation

It's simple. Why would a globally renowned, rich man with the best resources get convicted without conclusive incriminating evidence against him(not just vague circumstantial evidence)?

It's obvious he's guilty otherwise he'd have escaped. He's not a helpless common man with no power or connections.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

If I was his defence lawyer I would just say

" A woman does not accompany a man to the men's toilet to admire the tiling work."

I would then leave the court and chill in my office for the inevitable NOT GUILTY verdict.

That same night I would ring up Alves and tell him it's time to party and go to the very same nightclub the alleged incident took place. :alveshat:

KingLeo10

Interesting how Temp hasn’t had the same energy for CR, who hasn’t even stepped foot in the US since the accusations came to light a few years ago.

Temptation

Any direct evidence in the CR7 case which incriminates him definitively like Alves?

If yes, then I'll condemn CR7 too.

PS: Don't give me ambiguous circumstantial evidence or baseless conjectures.

KingLeo10

Any direct evidence in the CR7 case which incriminates him definitively like Alves?

If yes, then I'll condemn CR7 too.
You said it yourself - it’s quite hard to convict global, rich superstars and CR7 is different category to Alves in this.

Just find it interesting that suspicious activities from CR7 have gotten no mention of you (he’s not been on US soil since the allegations came about, when he had a long prior history of preseasons, marketing etc. in US) while suspicious activities by Alves (even before his conviction) were harped on. Turns out those suspicious activities had something to do with the conviction.

Temptation

You said it yourself - it’s quite hard to convict global, rich superstars and CR7 is different category to Alves in this.

Just find it interesting that suspicious activities from CR7 have gotten no mention of you (he’s not been on US soil since the allegations came about, when he had a long prior history of preseasons, marketing etc. in US) while suspicious activities by Alves (even before his conviction) were harped on. Turns out those suspicious activities had something to do with the conviction.
Mate, Alves has enough power, wealth, resources, connections and influence to get the best legal help needed. You think he didn't have the means to throw one legal jargon after another and exploit potential loopholes? What special diktats were imposed on poor Dani's legal team?

You don't need to be as high profile as CR7. Dani Alves is no mug in that regard.

Everyone is coming up with estimations, conjectures and theories so I'll give it a try:

It looks like Alves was denied consent from the very beginning and just blatantly forced it all whereas Ronaldo had consent initially which was withdrawn later in the middle of the intercourse? Looks like Ronaldo's case had more muddy waters and grey areas while Alves' was more of an open-and-shut binary case which was prolonged simply because of his resources and influence.

This might be total BS but we are not privy to the nitty-gritty details so my guess is as good as yours?

Temptation

Mate, Alves has enough power, wealth, resources, connections and influence to get the best legal help needed. You think he didn't have the means to throw one legal jargon after another and exploit potential loopholes? What special diktats were imposed on poor Dani's legal team?

You don't need to be as high profile as CR7. Dani Alves is no mug in that regard.

Everyone is coming up with estimations, conjectures and theories so I'll give it a try:

It looks like Alves was denied consent from the very beginning and just blatantly forced it all whereas Ronaldo had consent initially which was withdrawn later in the middle of the intercourse? Looks like Ronaldo's case had more muddy waters and grey areas while Alves' was more of an open-and-shut binary case which was prolonged simply because of his resources and influence.

This might be total BS but we are not privy to the nitty-gritty details so my guess is as good as yours?
@Fati_Future_BallonDor anything major that me and KL are missing out on?

I'm sure you can articulate it better than me since you follow CR7 very closely unlike me?

Don't let your parasocial sentiments cockblock your real judgement here.

delancey

Ever been in a difficult situation that could change your life? Imagine how a woman must feel thinking about report a rape from a famous and wealthy person, if no one saw it. How big is the chance that he gets a free card, you get smeared by the press as a money grabbing whore and his fans make your life a living hell after this.
@Loki

“If no one saw it!”
“If no one heard it.”

That’s your argument for a guilty verdict beyond a reasonable doubt?

By the way, how did they end up inside of a bathroom together? Did he force her inside one of them? Is this corroborated by video footage? Did anyone see him force her into the bathroom? Or did she withdraw consent after x minutes together?

Imagine how a woman must feel
I can reverse this by saying the same thing to you! Imagine how a man must feel being accused of something he didn’t do! That doesn’t tell you much, does it? I am not insinuating that he is innocent or guilty; I am merely asking you to prove it (beyond a reasonable doubt)! That is what matters to me! Can you do that?

What a strange and dangerous question is even this. There are dozens of possible reasons, why victems don't behave like you would expect. Possible fear, drunk, unconscious, guilt, shame are just some of them.

And not that it matters, but she did actually cry. Several people in the club testified she cried, was extremly upset and distrought.
Questions aren’t dangerous! Believing blindly in what you are told is dangerous.

You are assuming that any emotions and subsequent behavior that may or may not have occurred corroborate her version of the story. I.e., If she cried, she was raped. If she was upset, she was raped. If she was drunk, she was raped.

But like you said, human beings do not always behave how you’d expect them to behave. So why are you assuming that her behavior is indicative of rape? Because her version of the story says so?

Could a woman who felt guilty afterwards also have displayed similar emotions?

Tell me instead why, without a shadow of a doubt, you believe he is guilty. I will listen to you. I am a reasonable person.

“She says” doesn’t cut it for me! Emotions aren’t evidence! Identifying a tattoo isn’t enough either.

Go!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans