Daniel Alves

desoe

DEBATE: If Alves is going, what we should do on the market?

I didn't know where exactly to put this one, so you could move it if you want.

Anyway. Yesterday Daniel Alves rejected one of the many offers for a new contract made by FCB, which is again putting his future at Camp Nou under a huge doubt. His contract with us is expiring in the summer of 2012 and if it's not renewed until the end of this season, we can't expect anything else, but letting him go. This will make me really sick, but from a business perspective the club won't have any other choice.

So .. If Alves go, what's the best thing we can do on the market to replace him? I guess we won't be able to sell him at his right value with just an year of his contract remaining, but we should still expect a good amount of cash.

Which are the players we could examine as a possible replacement? But also take into account if they're realistic targets or not. Maicon is a beast and maybe he'd like a move to Spain, but it'll be surely a costly deal. I'm also a big fan of Rafael, but for now it seems impossible to see Fergie letting him go. So, who else?

Manu Eboue anyone? :lol:

Last edited:

desoe

I find it odd that our captain is making less than Villa.

This is the curse of being a defender, Bojan. Most of the people don't appreciate your work as much as they're enjoying their strikers' goals, but in most of the cases there is no match in the wage structure, too.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Noone is good enough to fill Dani's boots. Srna is probably the only one who can cover an entire flank as Dani can and has the same kind of determination and stamina. He'll be 29 in May though.
We wouldn't get much anyway if we sell him this summer so mind as well keep him until the end of his contract and see if we'll have any new developments either in the market or, who knows, with Dani himself.

Galning

getthefuckoutgif.gif

Galning

He's just playing for money. I liked Yaya as well, but if you rather play for Shitty than for this Barcelona then seriously take your boots and leave.
Yaya's case was even more understandable since he was being benched for Sergio, but Dani plays every game.

It's all 'bout the money, it's all 'bout the dum dum dum dum dum duuum.

maz

I walk the line
Puyol covered RB in 2009 and did well, true. But how much longer can he continue to cover that side?

Home of Barca Fans