David Luiz

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
We have enough quality centrebacks, including Botia who is likely coming back in the summer

Lemmi

The Reckoner
by my count we only have 3 reliable defenders+yaya. i dont trust rafa, chyg or caceres and havent seen enough of henrique or botia, though i would be willing them to have a chance.

luiz's ability to play on the left would be excellent, long term i can see him being pique's partner- until muniesa knocks one of them out :)

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
by my count we only have 3 reliable defenders+yaya. i dont trust rafa, chyg or caceres and havent seen enough of henrique or botia, though i would be willing them to have a chance.

luiz's ability to play on the left would be excellent, long term i can see him being pique's partner- until muniesa knocks one of them out :)

Idk man, Puyol, Pique, Milito and Botia seem enough centrebacks to me. We also have some promising youth players coming through, and while I agree Luiz is one of the best young defenders out there, this one is just so far down the priority list in my opinion

G

Gold Member

17723_ori_david_luiz.jpg

He could be our new Puyol with hair like that. :D

beef-supreme

He had an absolutely useless game against Porto the other week when Benfica lost 3-1.

Constantly caught out of position when going forwards, which would be ok for a wingback but he was playing at CB.

He also played Porto onside for the 2nd goal in an amateur move, and could have caused 2 more goals with slack positioning and a reluctance to backtrack were it not for bad finishing.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Just now I came to know he won the Portuguese League : Footballer of the year ahead of Madrid's new signing Angel Di Maria

Edit: And he's Nike!!

Last edited:
J

jayjay

There are recent news that City is trying to get him no matter what :nuke:

Home of Barca Fans